Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Is there 2 throttle cables?.... if so wheres the other one go?
There are two cables from your throttle grip.....one thortle, one return throtle .

Hope this helps

WilliamTech

·
Super Moderator
2,569 Posts
yes, there are 2 cables.. one to pull when opening, and one to pull when closing (push/pull arrangement).

the 2nd cable goes into the 1/2 circle part behind the one you have installed.. connects to the same part as the cable you have attached, but directly opposite it (hidden behind carb)

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
There are two cables from your throttle grip.....one thortle, one return throtle .

Hope this helps

WilliamTech
OK.....I think I understand but..... one thortle and two throtles. lol

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts

·
Dirt to road
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now i see. I put my carb back in yesterday and i seen there was 2 cables but i couldnt see where the 2nd one went.. also one of the cables rusted off inside the tube.... how do i tell which one goes where so i can order a new one...

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
....ONE throttle, ONE return Throttle !

:):)
Just joking. I read your post three times and I laughed harder each time because I do the same thing if I don't reread my posts several times before hitting "submit" and then I still end up having to edit five minutes later. Just glad to see I am not he only one with backward fingers.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
Just joking. I read your post three times and I laughed harder each time because I do the same thing if I don't reread my posts several times before hitting "submit" and then I still end up having to edit five minutes later. Just glad to see I am not he only one with backward fingers.
I have backward fingers on both my left hands

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Now i see. I put my carb back in yesterday and i seen there was 2 cables but i couldnt see where the 2nd one went.. also one of the cables rusted off inside the tube.... how do i tell which one goes where so i can order a new one...
The accelerator cable is shorter and has a cable guide attached to it. The decelerator cable is the closest cable towards you when sitting on the bike( at the throttle grip )

·
Dirt to road
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do i really need the decelerator cable?.... lol the throttle opens and closes fine atm, so far ive had this bike for 2 and half weeks, spent $400 bucks on it so far and have rode it a total of 2 feet, so depressing haha. Still needs a new blinker

·
Registered
856 Posts
Do i really need the decelerator cable?.... lol the throttle opens and closes fine atm, so far ive had this bike for 2 and half weeks, spent $400 bucks on it so far and have rode it a total of 2 feet, so depressing haha. Still needs a new blinker

a Lot of people run their bikes of all makes that normally have a 2 cable setup just fine with just the one cable. As long as your throttle is snapping closed, you should be fine.

Just be sure to keep the spring on the carb that snaps is closed clean.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I disconnected the return cable on mine. With the cable connected the throttle would not close on it's own.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts