Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought a 05 about two months ago, rode to work almost everyday with a full face helmet(blocks allot of noise). we had our first 80 day here and i haven't been on the bike all week for random reasons not concerning the bike so i was pretty pumped. headed to work with a half shell helmet and didn't really think about any noises, just happy to be on the bike. finished my day of pumping septic tanks and headed to a friends house to help him move some furniture. on the way there i didnt pay any mind to noises but when i left and was headed home i noticed a light squeal kinda like when your ring and pinion arent spaced right in your rear end on a car. still rides and shifts fine and only does it when in gear with clutch engaged. if i squeeze the clutch lever it stops. it sounds like its coming from the front of the bike but cant really tell while moving of course. so... does this sound normal? am i being paranoid? pleases tell me my transmission isnt going.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Put it up on the centerstand and let the bike idle in first gear to find source of sound.
Be careful and stay away from the rear wheel. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts