Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
You probably could, but my understanding is that you don't have that much extra power to work with on these bikes. I'm told its something like 70 watts at highway speed, so if you added another light, at idle, you'd probably be taking a lot out of the battery.

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
hey. I am currently saving up for a HID conversion... I will be taking 2 tsx headlight projectors (have high and low with same bulb "filiment") and installing them. at 2800-3200 lumens a peice that is alot of light. cost for parts is gonna hit me though at 600-700 bucks, but i think the light is more then worth it. havent figured out if i will stick both of them in a 7inch headlight or just do one up top and put the second above the fender as a fog light.

also if you wanna free up some juice, change ur tail lights to leds....i am making my own (still in planning phase) and when i saw the potential electrical reduction, i was shocked. even while braking, the leds would produce more light then stock, while using less energy then the running lights.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, LEDs are way more efficient in terms of power consumption and have come a long way in terms of brightness. These days, they're pretty phenomenal. An added bonus is that they're less susceptible to shock.

I guess an over-under approach to the headlamps could be used, but I was thinking more along the lines of a side by side arrangement, much like the Triumph. It'd make the ride look pretty mean.

·
2FAS4U
469 Posts
When I had my headlight out, I noticed an extra set of wires inside. Does anyone know what they are for? Driving lights? I asked one of the mechanics at the dealer, and he didn't seem to know either. I have replaced my rear turn signals with led's, as well as replacing the 2 amber side and 1 rear red reflector with led running lights. It allows drivers to see the bike much better at night. You can also use the rear for a high mount brake light. I'll try to get some pics up. I can supply the lights, if anyone is intersted. They almost look factory in size and placement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts