Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read that Harley sportster shocks will fit on the Vulcan? Is this correct? I found a pair of 10" drop shocks from Licks made for the sportster and was trying to determine compatibility. Thanks for the help.

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
Yeah they'll fit, our system is 12" so that'll lower your bikes rear 2".

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great, thank you for the reply! Now, my next question is: How difficult is it to install the Progressive drop in fork lowering kit? They make it sound like all you have to do is take the fork cap off, pull out the old spring, drop in the new spring, cut the spacer to desired length, place this, put the fork cap on and presto, drop up to two inches. Is it really that simple? Thank you for your help.

·
R/R = Relocated Redneck
628 Posts
They do fit (I've got them on mine) but the eyes in the bushings are smaller and wider than the stock shocks. You could press the stock ones out and put them in the hd's or you can do a little creative modification to the ones that come in the HD's. I used a 9/16" drill bit and a cutoff wheel on my grinder.

·
Super Moderator
11,959 Posts
Great, thank you for the reply! Now, my next question is: How difficult is it to install the Progressive drop in fork lowering kit? They make it sound like all you have to do is take the fork cap off, pull out the old spring, drop in the new spring, cut the spacer to desired length, place this, put the fork cap on and presto, drop up to two inches. Is it really that simple? Thank you for your help.
Yes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts