Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
knees in the breeze!!!
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well when i do my winter refit i plan on moving the turn sigs down on the forks and useing aftermarket ears to mount the headlight

the new ears have round holes in them
so i plan on mounting driving lights on each side of the headlight

my question for those of you who have xtra lights is where and how did you put in your switch????

i even thought about useing the run/kill switch for this as i dont use it for anything else

opinions???

·
If only it had 6th gear..
1,100 Posts
I ran auxilary lights without a switch by tapping into the running light circuit so they go off with the key. They're LED so they don't draw much. My thoughts on using your run/kill to control lights: Although I don't use mine either (pretty much always turn off with key) I think its a good thing to have an engine kill switch right near your thumb just in case. Even if you only use it once, and that once saves your life, it's worth it. Weird stuff can happen man and you never know if you'll have to shut it down fast. That's why its there. I don't think you should ditch it. Just my opinion for what it's worth. For handlebar switches there's got to be some choices out there. Or maybe mount one up on one of the neck covers in front of the tank.

·
knees in the breeze!!!
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you haveany pics of those lights and how do they show up at night ??

·
1,100 Posts
do you haveany pics of those lights and how do they show up at night ??
I'll try and take a couple of picture. They show up even with the spray of the headlight and I think they're as bright as other fog/auxiliary lights I've had on my cars before. I got them more for being seen than for seeing but I'm happy with the added
Glow they give off. Got them from www.superbrightleds.com and I'll check that address and update it if I'm wrong.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
I put my switch into the plastic collar in front of the fuel tank. I used a toggle that lights up purple and I can see it on a sunny day. Although I had to cut the handle down on the switch I still have an issue when I turn the handlebars full left. So pick the location carefully but that's a good spot because there is room under for the body of the switch. The other option is to use a relay so the lights only go on when you run the motor and the headlight is on. Don't use your kill switch, it's a good thing to have.

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
I used a relay and activated the relay off of the high beam lead. I supplied the lights right off of the battery. I also had an on and off switch to cut the lights off any time.

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts

·
1,100 Posts
Here's a couple of pics I got while yhe hurricane let up a bit :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,750 Posts

·
2FAS4U
469 Posts
I used a surface mount switch.
It attaches with double sided tape under the gas tank.
Picked it up at a local parts store.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts