Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any links that contain a drivers backrest for a 1995 vn 750.Been searching for an hour but cant find it for our model.Thanks:rockon:

·
Super Moderator
11,817 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Igloo soft side 6 pack cooler: stuff the front pocket with some foam or ploy filler, put a 6 pack in the cooler (plastic lined for stiffness), strap it behind you, works great @ $6.95 or less this time of year.

DT

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Or, a small or medium sized Biker's Friend rollbag. They're designed with backrests built in. The Medium sized bag is recommended for the Vulcan 750, and on their website they have this pic of someone using a Medium on their VN750:

...But I personally found that I lean back more (I'm 6'2" tall) and need a Small (the Medium size makes me sit ramrod straight up, which may be good for my posture but is uncomfortable as a riding position), and for a small bag a cost of upwards of $200 is kinda steep.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Backrests and other...

Hey, I like the "Buddy" backrest !!! Does it stay on the seat pretty well??

Also, noted you have a 'magnetic traffic light trigger'... please enlighten me?

Larry

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
Igloo soft side 6 pack cooler: stuff the front pocket with some foam or ploy filler, put a 6 pack in the cooler (plastic lined for stiffness), strap it behind you, works great @ $6.95 or less this time of year.

DT
Yep, my igloo cooler is slightly larger than a six-pack cooler, but it works great for riding back and forth to work. Oh, and I do carry my lunch in it.:smiley_th

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
Also, noted you have a 'magnetic traffic light trigger'... please enlighten me?
Larry
I read up a lot on those traffic light triggers, and you don't need one. You just have to know where to place yourself when coming up to one of those lights. If there are no wires in the ground, then the magnet won't work anyway.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Here's a pic of my backrest solution. Cheap, functional, and comfy. Also GL front fender, glass pack mufflers, eclipse bags, hwy pegs.

·
Kawika
441 Posts
Yep, my igloo cooler is slightly larger than a six-pack cooler, but it works great for riding back and forth to work. Oh, and I do carry my lunch in it.:smiley_th
I was just given one of those smaller igloo's and noticed it may work out there...do you use any padding on it?

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
I was just given one of those smaller igloo's and noticed it may work out there...do you use any padding on it?
I don't have padding on mine. I suppose that would make it a bit more comfortable, but hey, I'm happy just to have the support there. Of course, when I'm riding two-up, I have the best backrest in the world! Believe me, I use it, too!

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
LOL...I like the headrest :rockon:

LOL! Depends on how tall you are. I'm a bit taller, so they end up being my shoulder blade rest.

·
1990 Fixer Upper
25 Posts
Thought this one looked interesting...

My first post... love the site and I am new to the Vulcan Family....1990 vn750. I love it!!
Anyways I found this one on ebay.

motorcyclebackbuddy.com

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
nice bike

djonze thats gotta be one of the nicest vulcans I have seen good luck BTW what did u pay?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts