Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How easy is it to remove and reinstall the Pro-Tac driver's backrest - in case I didn't want to have it always on the bike.

Second question: Does the passenger lose much room with the driver backrest installed?

Thanks! Mark

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
To remove it, takes about a second, more if there is some binding or a locking bolt/setscrew drilled & installed. It will take about 5 seconds or more to re-install (have to get everything aligned up).

If the passenger is a smaller child, it might be possible for the passenger to co-exist with the backrest.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info! I didn't realize that you basically lose the ability to carry a passenger when the driver backrest is installed. Glad I asked.

But - sounds like removal/installation is a breeze.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Mark said:
Thanks for the info! I didn't realize that you basically lose the ability to carry a passenger when the driver backrest is installed. Glad I asked.

But - sounds like removal/installation is a breeze.
On my 1500 my wife can ride with me and the Protac drivers backrest is installed. She has never complained about it. I don't know about the 750 as I don't have one for it yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think it depends on how much you want to lean back. I have pushed mine back so that pad is in line with the seat step, (so I get back support from the seat and the pad) and when cruising I lean back and stretch my legs out using highway pegs on the Kawasaki engine guard, and I can ride that way for hours. (using a Highway Hawk air seat pad). But if my wife wants to ride, can just pull out the back rest. This is not the most expensive back rest made, and while it does the job, I had to cut a little off of one side because it was not symmetrical.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts