Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just purchased my second bike, a sweet little 99 vn750, about a month ago after I moved cross country to Colorado. ( first bike was a 82 Honda nighthawk 650sc) Been riding the bike back and forth to work everyday about ten miles round trip and things were great. Loved the bike and cruising as much as I could. Well on my way home from work after making a tight turn into my street I went to shift into second and had a horrible grinding noise. Long story short had to push the bike home a little over a mile.
Well today I finally got around to pulling everything apart after some research on this site and have determined that the drive shaft coupler and final drive splines are shot. Did a few searches for parts without any success.
Does anyone out here have these parts laying around for sale? This is my only transportation to work and I don't want to keep making my wife get up to take me into work at 5am anymore lol. I need to get this bike back together asap.
And a big thanks to fergie and everyone else that's posted about removing the final drive. Made this job a breeze.

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance!

·
Registered
789 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah, try buying a new shaft for your bike. Find the required one on various e-commerce site and go for the one you find comfortable and of top quality. A few days back, my cousin also got his new bike transported from Sarasota to Naples with the help of auto transport Naples service provided by Florida Transporter. On facing the similar problem of drive shaft coupler, he replaced it with the new one without wasting any time. Now he is happy with the smooth running of his bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts