Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very happy with the result. I drilled 8 3/8" holes in each side. I've also painted my headlight ring flat black. Enjoy.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Definitely gives the stock exhaust some much-needed oomph.

My 86 currently has the stock exhaust with goat's belly removed. It's OK, sounds fairly sporty, but I really can't wait for a deeper rumble.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
I drilled 8 3/8" holes in each side. I've also painted my headlight ring flat black.
Exact things I did to mine, except that I have stock Sportster muffs. Did you prep the chrome ring at all before painting ? While installing my windshield some of my paint got scratched off. Epoxy paint, or did you rough up the chrome ?
I did the 3/8 hole in baffle because I can still fill it with a 3/8 self tapping if needed (restore to stock if I move to a state with nasty regs). I didnt drill 8 though.

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Very happy with the result. I drilled 8 3/8" holes in each side. I've also painted my headlight ring flat black. Enjoy.
By doing that you changed the exhaust backpressure. Hope it works for you. You might want to check the plugs to see if it is running too lean.

·
knees in the breeze!!!
498 Posts
where did you drill them ? in the ring in the tail end or in the from the engine side under the heat sheilds

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
I did mine from the rear (Sportster baffles have a solid plate), because I didnt need to remove the muff.....again. And if you do em one at a time, you can gauge bu sound/performance how you did. if'n ya need more, drill more.

·
Proud Owner of '99 VN 750
128 Posts
Did you only do this to the first plate or the plate behind it also, I drilled 4 holes in each of the first plates, and its sounds alright with a little more throat but I want a little more umph

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
You posted on a very old 2012 Thread....probly will not get a response from PaleRider

Maybe others experienced riders can assist, I have not performed this mod as of yet.

:smiley_th

1 - 8 of 8 Posts