Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Git-R-Done!
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok - so I am hoping someone can give me the "Big Dummie's Guide" to doing this, as I am not extremely familiar with this procedure. I think I get the basic gist of it as far as the draining goes. But what about the 'filling it with seafoam part - how is that best accomplished?

I posted in the Engine section about an issue I am having with it missing and such, and I definitely think it is a carb/gas problem. I am hoping I can do this and it will do the trick, as I am not real excited to do a carb rebuild or anything.

Thanks all :smiley_th

AZ Kev

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
I use a veterinary syringe for such things.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I use a veterinary syringe for such things.
I haven't tried this but after you drain the bowl you should be a ble to pull the vent hose out of the Ear and use the syringe to fill them through there,just hold the end of the hose up higher than the carbs.

·
Registered
900 Posts
orrr do like I did.. speaking of hillbilly ideas.. I used a clean coke bottle.. drilled two holes in it just a bit smaller than the hoses.. and put about 2 cups of seafoam in it.. this was my first attempt at starting the beast for the first time in 10 years!.. it worked.. used the same set up after I got some of the other issues fixed up... be warned though.. this will load jsut about everything in the bottle into the carbs.. fast!.

·
2,526 Posts
I just pulled my drain screws and shot carb cleaner up in there using the straw that sticks on the nozzle. That at least cleaned out the float/bowl section and made a difference for me.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
From what I remember, the three hoses on the petcock are: outer two for fuel to the carbs, middle hose is vacuum to open the petcock. If you open the carb drains and let them empty, then close the drains back up, pull each of the outer hoses off the petcock and fill the carbs from there, it should be pretty easy. Either a large syringe or dribble from the seafoam can into a small funnel attached to each fuel hose should make it pretty much spill proof.

·
Git-R-Done!
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys

Right on all - I appreciate the many great ideas. :smiley_th

Sounds like I have enough varieties of ways to do it that I should be able to get at least ONE of them figured out!

AZ Kev

1 - 7 of 7 Posts