Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
gun slinger
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading to the dragon the weekend of June 26 anyone in for a ride?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I will know more around that date. Would like to ride Dragon and the Moonshiner 28 (in dry weather this time).

·
Registered
856 Posts
I'm going to be down there June 25-27 with some brothers. Hitting up the Wheels through Time Museum morning of the 25th and playing on the Dragon that afternoon/evening. Planning on running the "Moonshiners 28" on the 26th and down into Georgia to run "The Gauntlet" on the 27th. Pulling up stakes on the 28th and running West on Cherohala Skyway and up near Knoxville where we'll be running the Devil's Triangle.

...any are welcome to join in if you happen to be around at the time.

Anyone have any recommendations for the return trip North after running down 28? So far, it looks like we're running south then right back up the way we came.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,751 Posts
I heard through the grape vine, that some peeps on here will be down there in mid May, doing the Dragon on some VROC run.

sorry Nick Furry, we can't make it that weekend in June, that's the weekend we are going to Toledo(Maumee), to demo ride some Indian Motorcycles.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts
That's what they all say.;)
Just busting yer chops.there's plenty of Indians I'd love to test ride...oh you mean motorcycles. I can be a little slow sometimes

·
gun slinger
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i ll update this closer to june i already took the vacation time so im headed down rain or shine ..again

·
Registered
856 Posts
i ll update this closer to june i already took the vacation time so im headed down rain or shine ..again
Same here, I'm there rain or shine. This will be 3 days of an almost 2 week trip.

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,365 Posts
Just ordered dual sport tires for my sporty so I might be in trouble :) I'll might want to wait till the road dries a bit. Always wet in the early morning up there.

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
I'm defiantly interested, around June 26th, especially if Chuck is riding, although you guys will probably smoke me. Keep us informed and let's ride.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I heard through the grape vine, that some peeps on here will be down there in mid May, doing the Dragon on some VROC run.

sorry Nick Furry, we can't make it that weekend in June, that's the weekend we are going to Toledo(Maumee), to demo ride some Indian Motorcycles.
You might out to come down too, Kaw is probably going to be there with some demo bikes , I am hearing through the grapevine, just saying !! BTW, it ain't no secret It is SEVROC, Southeast Vulcan Riders and owners club annual Rally. So Far I am counting 75 people who are going to be there. Probably 50 or so riding in. Click here http://www.vroc.org/howtojoin.php

Then here http://www.vroc.org/eventcalendar.php?sid=115840722f7b30dfc486fdeb5f5743e4

It's an annual event but it usually is in direct conflict with The Iron Maiden Run To the Hills . This year I decided to head south instead of north in May, You all will probably be snowed in any way.. Load up and come on down. We're Slaying the Dragon at least once. Probably The Skyway and may hit the Wheels thru time Motorcycle Museum as well. Come on Down !!

I would have went back again with Nick but Thelast week of June or first week of July some of us are leaving KY and heade for that Big Ditch out West they call The Grand Canyon and maybe swing south and east Back to New Orleans on the way home. My list is still pretty long and that bucket is getting closer ,I'm riding this year !

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,751 Posts
You might out to come down too, Kaw is probably going to be there with some demo bikes , I am hearing through the grapevine, just saying !! BTW, it ain't no secret It is SEVROC, Southeast Vulcan Riders and owners club annual Rally. So Far I am counting 75 people who are going to be there. Probably 50 or so riding in. Click here http://www.vroc.org/howtojoin.php

Then here http://www.vroc.org/eventcalendar.php?sid=115840722f7b30dfc486fdeb5f5743e4

It's an annual event but it usually is in direct conflict with The Iron Maiden Run To the Hills . This year I decided to head south instead of north in May, You all will probably be snowed in any way.. Load up and come on down. We're Slaying the Dragon at least once. Probably The Skyway and may hit the Wheels thru time Motorcycle Museum as well. Come on Down !!

I would have went back again with Nick but Thelast week of June or first week of July some of us are leaving KY and heade for that Big Ditch out West they call The Grand Canyon and maybe swing south and east Back to New Orleans on the way home. My list is still pretty long and that bucket is getting closer ,I'm riding this year !

yup, it ain't no secret. that's only why I never heard anything about it. :confused::doh: oh wait, that's right, it's only for peeps on FB!
"come on down!" you say,....but you're right, it usually conflicts with the same dates as the Iron Maiden Run. we might come on down but since no one knew about this, the cabin for the Iron Maiden Run has already been booked! :doh: and just to add a second "BLAST!" to the whole thing, from what I'm reading on line the Hocking Hills Spring Poker Run is now on June 20, 2015 (which the date was moved after we booked the cabin)! BLAST! BLAST! & a double :doh::doh:

just so Denny6006 and everyone else knows, I not mad at Denny6006, I'm just giving him a hard time. come on Denny, you know how I feel about FB. and yeah, my bad for not being a member on VROC. also, you've told me about this event before and told me you wanted to go. it's all good. I hope you and the rest of the "Buckeye Bunch" have a great time. I'm so jelly! lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts