Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Yahoo VN750 Group Owner
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pictures of me on The Dragon, taken June 7, 2010 by zeefoto.com and us129photos.com. In the 3rd-to-last one, you can clearly see my vn750.com radiator grille cover, and in the last one you can see my VN 750 license plate. Pretty cool.

http://tinyurl.com/247m54x

(If you use the "Slideshow" button you can see them more clearly.)

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Hey Pick, looked good...:motorcycl...Thanks for sharin...
luigit, if you go to www.killboy.com I think you would be able to find some pictures of yourself...
I guess you knew that but just though, what if he don't know...lol...
I have some pics in there 2-3 yrs ago on my VN750 "Clyde" but I couldn't find them again if I had to...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Registered
45 Posts
where did you get that fairing? love it! I have a vn750 with hardbags also. That fairing would be perfect for 4 season riding

nice pics also

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
the fairing is a discontinued Fire and Steel Fairing. they are highly sought after, and only available from private sellers once in a great while.

·
Yahoo VN750 Group Owner
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The fairing came on the bike when I bought it used. It was part of the Touring Package, which also included the floorboards, front fender, dresser bars, and hard bags. I have almost the entire set, except for the bags -- mine are Givi. The Tour Package was discontinued by Kawasaki several years before they stopped making the VN750. I am one of the lucky ones to have it. Dianna also has it, including the Kaw hard bags.

Pieces of the Tour Package are pretty rare these days, although there was a complete fairing and lowers on craigslist not too long ago.... here:
http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/mcy/1809853210.html

·
Registered
45 Posts
$100 ?!?!?!!?

I would have jumped on that in a split second if I had known. :mad::mad: I now know what I need to look for. thanks.

and do the floorboards cause you to scrape in corners any more than the pegs? they would be nice, but not if they would be more scrape prone. I like my corners.

·
Yahoo VN750 Group Owner
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and do the floorboards cause you to scrape in corners any more than the pegs? they would be nice, but not if they would be more scrape prone. I like my corners.
I've scraped the floorboards several times, but it's no big deal. I guess it might be slightly more likely to scrape than the stock pegs, but not enough to worry about it. But they are even more rare than the fairing. Chad (Hawk) makes some that are real nice, but not quite as nice as the real Kawasaki ones.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The fairing came on the bike when I bought it used. It was part of the Touring Package, which also included the floorboards, front fender, dresser bars, and hard bags. I have almost the entire set, except for the bags -- mine are Givi. The Tour Package was discontinued by Kawasaki several years before they stopped making the VN750. I am one of the lucky ones to have it. Dianna also has it, including the Kaw hard bags.

Pieces of the Tour Package are pretty rare these days, although there was a complete fairing and lowers on craigslist not too long ago.... here:
http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/mcy/1809853210.html
is that the same as a "Fire & Steel" fairing? it looks OEM, but he lists it as some sort of aftermarket. What is the going value on one in good shape?

and if you live in the area, please don't snipe me. It is still up for sale and I am seeing if shipping is doable.

·
Yahoo VN750 Group Owner
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, it is the real F&S fairing. And the lowers are included. If you get it for $100, that will be a steal. I would guess that $400-$500 would be a more realistic value. The retail value when they were available was over $800. Shipping could be a killer, though. It's not that heavy, but large and awkward shape. Good Luck!

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
I was going to have the whole tour package sent from alaska to upstate Ny... shipping was going to be around 500 bucks. just to give those of you an estimate of how much shipping on these really is.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes, it is the real F&S fairing. And the lowers are included. If you get it for $100, that will be a steal. I would guess that $400-$500 would be a more realistic value. The retail value when they were available was over $800. Shipping could be a killer, though. It's not that heavy, but large and awkward shape. Good Luck!
is the windshield removable? shipping will be a B****, but I think I will have to suck it up and deal with it. Too good of a deal, especially given the shape

my apologies for derailing your thread.

Yes, I plan on hitting that ride this fall. There is an "Alabama Dragon" up outside of Gadsden that I will do even sooner.

·
Yahoo VN750 Group Owner
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
is the windshield removable? ......
No, unfortunately. That is one thing I would like to change about the setup. It is not removeable nor is it adjustable. Actually, you can take it off, but you have to remove the fairing pockets and reach inside with one hand to hold the plastic nuts, remove the chrome buttons from the plastic bolt heads, remove all six(?) bolts and the chrome strip cover. Certainly not worth it if you just want to pop it off for a day because it is really hot. I'm sure it would look kinda funky without the shield, too.

I found the shield was too tall for me, so I had my local glass shop cut about 4 inches off. It was only $20 and well worth it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
No, unfortunately. That is one thing I would like to change about the setup. It is not removeable nor is it adjustable. Actually, you can take it off, but you have to remove the fairing pockets and reach inside with one hand to hold the plastic nuts, remove the chrome buttons from the plastic bolt heads, remove all six(?) bolts and the chrome strip cover. Certainly not worth it if you just want to pop it off for a day because it is really hot. I'm sure it would look kinda funky without the shield, too.

I found the shield was too tall for me, so I had my local glass shop cut about 4 inches off. It was only $20 and well worth it.
I like the trim job on that. Where does the wind hit you? I have a Memphis Shades (see my pics) that isn't much taller than yours (I think). Your windshield definitely looks better on the fairing than the stock.

·
Yahoo VN750 Group Owner
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I like the trim job on that. Where does the wind hit you? I have a Memphis Shades (see my pics) that isn't much taller than yours (I think). Your windshield definitely looks better on the fairing than the stock.
The wind just glances over the top of my head. If I want air, I have to sit up very straight and lean forward to get my head into the air stream. The cut-down turned out well -- I can look over it most of the time, but can duck down behind it if I want or need to.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The wind just glances over the top of my head. If I want air, I have to sit up very straight and lean forward to get my head into the air stream. The cut-down turned out well -- I can look over it most of the time, but can duck down behind it if I want or need to.
Sounds just like my current Memphis Shades windshield. I will have to measure and make sure it is cut right

1 - 19 of 19 Posts