Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently bought and installed the Dowco Rally Pack Value Series. It came with saddlebags, tank bag and tail bag. All have a zip out rain shield, which unfortunately Ive already had to use. Whole set retails for 150, but I got it on ebay for 45 including shipping. It is made for a sports bike. I just reversed the saddlebags and secured to the bracket under the seat. Tank bag is the harness type and sits a little to the right so the buckle would not block off the gas vent. Very handy, I can set my xm in the clear map section and get reception. Havent figured a way to make the tail bag fit, its supposed to clip into the saddlebags but since they are reversed it doesnt line up. Doesnt matter anyway cause I have a Kuryakyn Tombstone tailbag coming next week that doubles as a backrest. Also I installed some Kuryakyn Iso-grips, these feel so much better than stock grips. For saddlebags I did not use or for that mater dont think Ill need brackets. Had them at highway speeds and they dont move. If anyone is searching for a cheap set of bags you may want to give this a try. Pics are posted in the gallery.
:smiley_th

·
Registered
38 Posts
I recently bought and installed the Dowco Rally Pack Value Series. It came with saddlebags, tank bag and tail bag. All have a zip out rain shield, which unfortunately Ive already had to use. Whole set retails for 150, but I got it on ebay for 45 including shipping. It is made for a sports bike. I just reversed the saddlebags and secured to the bracket under the seat. Tank bag is the harness type and sits a little to the right so the buckle would not block off the gas vent. Very handy, I can set my xm in the clear map section and get reception. Havent figured a way to make the tail bag fit, its supposed to clip into the saddlebags but since they are reversed it doesnt line up. Doesnt matter anyway cause I have a Kuryakyn Tombstone tailbag coming next week that doubles as a backrest. Also I installed some Kuryakyn Iso-grips, these feel so much better than stock grips. For saddlebags I did not use or for that mater dont think Ill need brackets. Had them at highway speeds and they dont move. If anyone is searching for a cheap set of bags you may want to give this a try. Pics are posted in the gallery.
:smiley_th

And they are a good Wisconsin company!! They make all (OK, most) of their leather stuff and covers there. Most of the non-leather bags are imported. Good stuff.

Jeff

1 - 2 of 2 Posts