Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just my luck! I get my 2000 VN750 (just over 2000 miles - hence the Double thing) running like the Concorde and Craiglist is lousy with motorcycles for sale and all at bargain basement prices. IF I wanted a Triumph, there's a 2001 for sale in Baltimore for $3K. IF I wanted a 2005 VN750, one was selling for $3300. :doh: :doh: :doh:

Oh, well...some of those new licensees should hit the market soon and want a really nice ride. :hitanykey

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
How many "ride-able" bike do you currently have Cindy? And which is your daily machine?

(good luck with the sale too BTW)

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha ha - I have three rideables, including my 750 (an '01) and a Suzuki S40. My partner has an S40 as well, and then I have this _U*) @#%_+) U+) Virago that I just don't even want to work on. I'm hoping to post it on CL tonight so that someone comes and takes it away. It's been taunting me for three years now. :(

·
CWO3 Navy (Retired)
722 Posts
Didn't the Concorde crash? Might be an omen to wait out the recession and put it up when you can get your money's worth out of it. Then again, I bought a bike on Craigslist last week and got a steal on it (I paid for it I didn't steal it, I know how your minds work!!!)... Good Luck on the sale!

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, no, the Concorde didn't crash! She logged lots of happy miles and then retired to the Concorde breeding farm outside of Paris. :)

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
She sure did crash and all because of a piece of metal that fell off the plane that took off before the concorde. It shredded the tire and a chunk of rubber ruptured the wing fuel tank.

Here is another video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ougx_P6Uuqw&NR=1

·
CWO3 Navy (Retired)
722 Posts
So, make sure everything on the Vulcan is wrenched down good and tight and don't ride behind another biker until after you sell her. Or, in your add say "She runs like Niagra Falls; unstoppable!", no that won't work, sounds like she doesn't have brakes. Oh just put it on Craigslist and see if you get any hits.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
You're right, lance, I forgot about the Unfortunate Wheel Incident. WAIT! Here's what I was thinking: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concorde - that there was more than just the one Concorde and that there was "retirement" of sorts (web says the last one retired in '03). Soooo, MY Concorde is on a plane breeding farm...the OTHER one met an unfortunate end.

Let's skip the industrial metaphors: runs like a Cheetah??

·
CWO3 Navy (Retired)
722 Posts
Oh you have a way with words, I love it! Good Luck on the sale, the buyer will be getting a great bike that has been in expert hands!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts