1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.ridetowork.org/

Tomorrow is the anual ride to work day. 07-18-07 Wdenesday

Ride your motorcycle or scooter on this day to demonstrate:
The number of motorcyclists to the general public and to politicians.
That motorcyclists are from all occupations and all walks of life.
That motorcyclists can reduce traffic and parking congestion in large cities.
That motorcycles are for transportation as well as recreation.
That motorcycling is a social good.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Unfortunately it is suppose to thunderstorm in my area with a 60% chance of rain. :(:(

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I made sure to do it last year.
Right now it's saying a 60% chance of thunderstorms here
, and it's currently raining pretty good

I'll have to check before work, but I'm gonna try.

This is from last year (or maybe 2 years ago???). Good thing I work nights. The boss probably wouldn't have liked this.....

·
Registered
553 Posts
Big light show going on just north of town, the direction a have to go in a 1/2 hour, if it's past by 5:00am I'll ride but when there is lightning I usually take the truck.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
I ride everyday that chance of rain is 20% or less all 12 months. This is not one of them. We get 75% of our annual rainfall from July - September, so not a lot of bike commuting is possible.

Jon

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'm at work, yes, I rode.

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
stuck on four wheels

I have to stay at work through 8:00 tonight, and heavy thunderstorms are predicted ~ I'll have to be a cager today!

Here is the Ride to Work web site: http://www.ridetowork.org.

On the positive side, I'm riding from the Ohio River to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan this coming weekend ~ hope to post photos!

·
Registered
125 Posts
It's thundering here and has been all day....I ride in the rain all the time, but when lightning or thunder are around I don't.....So unfortunitly I couldn't today....

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,732 Posts
weather said 60% chance of t-storms today, so i didn't ride. don't worry there's not a cloud in the sky and the sun is out! i try to ride every day. if it looks like rain i take the wife's bike. hee. hee.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
The 10 day forcast for my area is showing rain, for the next 9 of the 10 days. !!! :doh:

I hate that !!!

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
The 10 day forcast for my area is showing rain, for the next 9 of the 10 days. !!! :doh:

I hate that !!!
10 days, we show rain everyday for the next 2 months!!!

Jon

·
Registered
299 Posts
WoW I didnt even know about this day.I rode yesterday does that count(I doubt it) I guess I will have to remember this next year................

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I rode, but I didnt see another bike on the road anywhere, coming or going.

Though I never do. I go to work at 11am and leave after 7pm so most of the commuters have already made thier trek before I get out.

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
Ha! Had forgotten about this but I guess I took care of it. I ride every day unless the bike's having issues or I need to pick up something huge - even then I tend to ride the bike then come back and get the car...

There were, however, few bikes out yesterday since it was raining (gotta have good raingear in oregon....)

AND I went grocery shopping on the bike (I love my ammo can saddlebags) - I can do my "normal" grocery shopping on the bike as long as I empty the bags before going to the store.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts