Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my VN700 last August, it was advertised as running ok, but not great. I was expecting to have to go through the carbs. A little while back, I got the tank off and did a little snooping and poking around, just checking things out, but didn't actually get the carbs out due to it getting colder again.

Yesterday I finally got back into it. I was looking at the clamps on the carb-to-cylinder hoses and trying to figure out the best way to get at the screws (due to the way they were rotated, it made for some weird angles to get at them with the length of screwdriver I had). I stuck my screwdriver in there, and the clamp moved. Reached my finger in, and the whole clamp was able to be spun around the hose. It was the same on the other three clamps. Both ends of both hoses were not secured at all.

I buttoned it back up and will see how it runs out on the road once it gets a little nicer. Hopefully this will take care of it. If it doesn't, the only thing I lost was a few minutes to put everything back together (as opposed to unnecessarily pulling and going through the carbs if this does fix it). I'm glad this was something easy to fix, but I'm a little upset that I had to fix something this stupid at all.

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
Welcome to the world of owning a second hand bike my friend. Over the past 20+ years of owning more pre-owned bikes than I care to mention your issues seem minor to some that I've had to correct.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts