Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This rain around here has made me get some things done.changed the fork oil today, a new tire and a spline lube Tuesday and i was amazed at how filthy the fork oil was and thin as water.Bike handles better than it ever has and the ride is much improved. A happy camper, I even gave it a much needed cleaning from one end to the other.That should cause another day or two of rain .That and the County Fair going on at the same time is a sure fire prescription for rain.I kinda hope it does. I have to put wheel bearings in a Ford Escape tomorrow anyway and its already in the garage and got the wheel off one side.

·
Registered
411 Posts
If you cleaned it from one end to the other, then you should get one day of bright sunshine in the morning, long enough to lure your bike out, and then a gully-washer in the afternoon, thus ensuring that the work you put into cleaning the bike was a waste of time. :doh:

I cleaned mine last weekend, and was able to ride a couple of days last week. I knew that the Almighty was smiling on my nice, clean, shiny bike when I went outside after work one day earlier this week and noticed that the bird had bombed my buddy's bike (parked right next to mine in the same space), but had left mine alone...

--FA

·
Registered
175 Posts
speaking of a bird bombing my bike, a bird got trapped in my garage yesterday and decided to poop on my VROD seat. does that mean its good luck?

damn bird

·
Registered
411 Posts
speaking of a bird bombing my bike, a bird got trapped in my garage yesterday and decided to poop on my VROD seat. does that mean its good luck?

damn bird
Depends on if it's a Foo Bird...

--FA

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you cleaned it from one end to the other, then you should get one day of bright sunshine in the morning, long enough to lure your bike out, and then a gully-washer in the afternoon, thus ensuring that the work you put into cleaning the bike was a waste of time. :doh:

I cleaned mine last weekend, and was able to ride a couple of days last week. I knew that the Almighty was smiling on my nice, clean, shiny bike when I went outside after work one day earlier this week and noticed that the bird had bombed my buddy's bike (parked right next to mine in the same space), but had left mine alone...

--FA
Man you are psychotic ,oops I mean psychic ,that is almost exactly how it worked out.I rode over to my buddies house to work on the escape and it started to rain lightly so I rolled it in the Garage and it quit wiped of the few raindrops that had hit my bike and finished the Escape bearing job.The rain had stopped and the ground wasn't even wet.I started home and about half way between Ted's house and mine it must have been a frog strangler of a rain and I slung muddy water all over of the place.You have a future as a weatherman FA.

·
Registered
411 Posts
You have a future as a weatherman FA.
Sadly, if that were true, I would not have found myself stranded for an hour and a half underneath a carport at a church located midway between my office and my house waiting out a thunderstorm a couple of weeks ago. There was even a church function that night, and people kept passing me going into the church making comments about my not wanting to get wet. I had my rain gear on, and told them that I didn't so much mind getting wet as I did getting electrocuted (there was a copious amount of lightning with that storm). I also wasn't too keen on my bike being hailed on. Eventually, the storm calmed somewhat and I was able to ride home. Of course, the bike looked the part the next day...

--FA

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I rode home in a tropical storm many years ago from Myrtle Beach South Carolina (on a 96) to Jacksonville NC (2nd Marine Division Jarhead Clan). Cagers were pulling over because they couldn't see and the water was too high on the roads. Kept going anyway with lightning all around - never forget the fun stuff! (Kawasaki 500 triple).

DT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts