Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Doesnt want to rev above 4-5k

Still workin on the 94 vulcan i got, it runs good, except it feels like i hit redline at only like 4-5k (ie, doesnt want to rev higher). If i keep cranking and push through it it will get higher, but it feels like the engine is fighting it.

Any ideas?

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
I experienced similar when the rear (#2) coil quit functioning...

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I had similar issues when I tried taking a ride without the air filters in the ears. Ran fine until I hit about the 4k rpm mark.
Have you check the condition of the filters?

·
Super Moderator
11,869 Posts
You want to check the vent hose that feeds into the back of the right airbox to make sure it isn't bottomed out. (cut the end at a 45 degree angle and reinsert)

And you want to examine the diaphragms in the carbs for holes or tears.

You should also chech the throttle cable to make sure it is opening all the way when you twist the grip.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had similar issues when I tried taking a ride without the air filters in the ears. Ran fine until I hit about the 4k rpm mark.
Have you check the condition of the filters?
Very interesting,
My filters are shot, i have new ones on order right now, lets hope thats the problem.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
You want to check the vent hose that feeds into the back of the right airbox to make sure it isn't bottomed out. (cut the end at a 45 degree angle and reinsert)And you want to examine the diaphragms in the carbs for holes or tears.

You should also chech the throttle cable to make sure it is opening all the way when you twist the grip.
I think that should be #1, then the filters themselves #2, and if no help go to the harder and more expensive stuff...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, i have the bike at a buddys house, so i'll look into all that next time i can get over there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was the air filters, new filters all oiled up and she's runnin good.
Got it all inspected and i can ride it all legal now.
What kind of MPG can i expect from back road riding?

·
2,521 Posts
I'm getting around 48-50 mpg, if I'm really having fun I'll only get about 40-42 on average.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts