Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive tried looking online for a mosfet R/R but cant seem to find any online any sites or links that will give me some help.

·
Registered
483 Posts

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
What is wrong with what you have now? Just a suggestion, but my oem R/R has served me well for 19 years and LOTS of miles. My experience with MOSFETs in computers and amateur radios is that they are somewhat fragile. I have no idea how they would hold up on a motorcycle however.

·
Registered
245 Posts
MOSFET electronics are top shelf. Amps, R/R's... The stock electrical system on the VN750 has issues. FAR too many people have had stators burn up at around 20k miles. Some believe it's the R/R that kills them. The MOSFET units that replace the stockers are a more modern design, are used in pretty much everything nowadays, and have a great track record with these bikes.

Sometimes stock just isn't good enough. I installed a MOSFET R/R on my bike in hopes that it would prevent a future stator failure. So far so good.

·
2FAS4U
469 Posts
Installed my mosfet Friday. 14.5 at idle at the battery.
I also noticed the bike fired up much quicker.
I was shocked when I saw the plug on my stock RR. It looked like it was starting to melt and was brittle.
2005 with 18k on it that I purchased new and maintain myself.
If you can afford it, I would do this mod.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
If you can afford it, I would do this mod.
For those that can't, relocating the R/R should extend it's life as it is placed in a really hot spot from factory (above goats belly).

·
Prowling Tiger
2,048 Posts
For those that can't, relocating the R/R should extend it's life as it is placed in a really hot spot from factory (above goats belly).
If the goats belly is removed, is there still a heat issue for the r/r? Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts