Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering. When the bike is running, only the font turning signals are on (not flashing) and rear are not. Is this normal?

Thanks,
Chavisimo

·
Hoser
118 Posts
They are not. If you look under the seat at the connectors, they have only 2 wires, ground and power-turn flasher. The fronts have three, ground, power-ignition on, turn. It would be nice if they did turn on, like a running light.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking through the forums IMBoring25 answered the question. Front turning signals have 2 filaments. 1 is for constantly on and other is for flashing. Rear just has 1 and its for flashing. Guess I should have done my research better. Didn't see the post my first search.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Junkyardroad,
I agree. It would add some extra lighting that would make the bike more visible at night time.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
They are not. If you look under the seat at the connectors, they have only 2 wires, ground and power-turn flasher. The fronts have three, ground power-ignition on, turn. It would be nice if they did turn on, like a running light.
If they did, atleast here in PA, they'd have to be red when on as a running light. Could be amber or red when used as a turnsignal, but amber always in the rear is a no-no and would get ya pulled over.

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
I took the front light assembly and installed at the rear. I made a red lens from a trailer light and now I have three red running lights to the rear.

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Lance did his with some kind of kit he order. I'm gonna get him to do the same for mine once I get bags and relocate the rear signals. PM him to see what he did.

Hey Hyper, I think it's the same here in GA because Lance has red lens on his now also.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Lance did his with some kind of kit he order. I'm gonna get him to do the same for mine once I get bags and relocate the rear signals. PM him to see what he did.

Hey Hyper, I think it's the same here in GA because Lance has red lens on his now also.
I used a tail light converter for trailers and removed the 1156 sockets and installed 1157. You do have to use red lenses. The converter allows brake/turn function from the same filament. :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
I used a tail light converter for trailers and removed the 1156 sockets and installed 1157. You do have to use red lenses. The converter allows brake/turn function from the same filament. :beerchug:
That's what I thought, I just couldn't remember what it was you used.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts