Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been waiting for like almost 2 months, this guy has givin me the run around.
Been promised several times that my part would be here by a certain date.
No parts and a bunch of broken promises. Including that my part would be sent to me overnight. this was about a week ago.
He said his wife would ship it out, or that his local post office isnt shipping things...
What I find funny is that the guy said that my part was shipped like 3 weeks ago, but the post office didnt ship it out. Well if the PO didnt ship it out yet, at that point. Then shouldn't I have the stupid JB already, if it was shipped like 3 weeks ago.

I think this whole ordeal is a bunch of bull****, and I should of bought my stuff from Corbins. But He helped me try to find my problem with my bike. So I figured he made hotter boxes and he helped me out so great...

I just want my money or my ****,

Dont buy from slim, seems like a nice guy.. But you will NEVER get your parts....

Just some lame excuses...

Private Message: JB
04-05-2010, 03:31 PM
I got all your parts on order... I should have them by the end of the week. I need your shipping information.

04-18-2010, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by slimvulcanrider
OK man, I lied... I just got all the parts in... My new relay supplier is the bomb... I should have the relays installed by tonight (that's the hard part) Just waiting on the over sized diodes to arrive tomorrow.

lol.. Glad to see you got everything.. Did you get my shipping info.. I also left it in the paypal payment.. Did you get a chance to ship this already?

thanks
anthony

04-12-2010, 07:30 PM
I got every thing in like I said, I haven't had the time to work on putting it all together yet... I hurt my eye and wasn't able to see well enough until yesterday to do any kind of work... and so yesterday I spent working on getting stuff ready for my normal job. I plan on putting together the JB tomarrow, and shipping by wednsday.

Hey no problem,
When do you think this will ship out??
been like 2 weeks now..
thanks
Anthony

sorry man, thought i sent you a message last night...plan on shipping it out tomarrow

05-07-2010, 08:59 PM

Sorry man, somethings been wrong with my net... I can answer threads on my cell phone, but been having problems replying via PM... I am not sure where your JB is, I sent it last Monday when I confirmed your Zip... Its not just you... I sent out another one the same day, and the guy never received it... I have two more built up that I am shipping out tomorrow... one to you and one to the other guy... this time I am mailing from a regular PO and not from the damn Fort Drum Post office... It seams they ship out mail from Drum when ever is convenient for them. I am sorry for the delay. and I also will reimburse you 50% for your troubles.

05-13-2010, 10:02 AM
Re: JB

Originally Posted by slimvulcanrider

Yes I can ship overnight... I missed todays shipping though, so I will have the wife send it off monday.

There is a ton more to this long ass SAGA, but ill spare you...

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Well. The only reason i am posting on this is that I believe that I am the "other guy" he spoke of that didn't receive mine as well. That part is surely true. Therefore, even though it has taken a long time for the both of us..I have no real reason to think I am being deceived on multiple levels.
1. He is an incredible contributor to this forum.
2. He is Active Duty Army Combat Vet(which i respect for integrity and stedfastness)
3. When he does stuff, he does it with overkill that would outlast anything anyone else makes.
4. IMHO history is the greatest predictor of future events. He has kick ass history.

I have learned on this forum and at the stealership that there is always a chance of getting screwed. I don't believe we will be screwed on this one but if it is so, let it be from one of our own.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understand on that level, and totally don't think hes going to "jack" somebody.

But the level of communication is crap.
I have been dealing with this for a while now. And he says hes going to ship "the next day" I have heard that for quite some time now.

Its a matter of
"i will ship this tomorrow to you, overnight" on a Sunday meaning Monday its going to be shipped. Expecting it on Tuesday.
Well Tuesday comes and goes, I ask him whats going on, he says " I will ship this tomorrow overnight" That was Wed. Its Saturday now.
NO WORD NO UPDATE NO TRACKING NUMBER.

I could really give 2 craps about if hes active duty or how much he contributes.
Thats all fine and dandy..... The guy seems really cool on a personal level too.

But really, I just want my parts or an update from him... WITHOUT me having to say "hey slim whats going on"

I really dont want to blast the guy but I really feel Im getting the run around here.
This transaction has taken 2 months instead of the 2 weeks he said I would have it in my hands... My situation is my bike is stored and I need to get it out of where its at... So Im waiting on these parts to get this thing mooving...

I understand things happen to delay situations so thats why I let it go this far in time frame... So its not like im being un-reasonable here....

Im gald there are contributors to this forum like him. Im also glad he has helped me with figuring out what is wrong with my bike.

But honestly... Im left here high and dry, not knowing whats going on thats all..

Sorry Slim but I just feel dragged along here not knowing whats up...

I may be new to this forum. I also dont know him and you all dont know me...
So Id rather post this in case others have the same issue as I do.

once again sorry if im causing a stir on here and in a way sorry to slim that I have to do this but yeah...

Im just waiting. lol

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Sorry about the delay in you getting the JB mpulse, but I too, think slim is a standup guy, and you will get your new and improved electronics. Nobody can fault you for a rant when a part takes this long to come either. I am sure slim will get it out to you asap.

You don`t have a location on your posts. Where are you? Maybe someone nearby has a spare JB you can borrow until slim`s arrives.

·
The Reanimater
847 Posts
Not to get in the Middle BUT.......If all you need to get your bike going is a J/B Box then just slap a Standard one and hit the road! Until He's got it Ready for You.

From all the posts I read what your waiting for from Slim has to be Built by Him. If you can't wait long enough for him to get it built, tested, & make sure it's going stand up before he sends it to you then you should of never ordered one from Him.

I use to work in an Electronics Repair shop & Everytime the Phone would ring & the Tech answered it. You'd hear him say.

"Hello"
"No, But like we said before we'll give you a call as soon as it's done"
"Well I don't know now, We would of had it done about an hour Ago but We keep having to Stop & Answer the phone to Tell people that we will Call them as soon as their's is Done"
"Yes Just as Soon"
"Bye"

Your Lucky that Slim has Patience. I know some Ele-Techs....You started complaining was taking too long,
You'd get a box of Parts in the Mail with a Note telling you ,That if Your in that big a hurry build it yourself.

I understand on that level, and totally don't think hes going to "jack" somebody.

I could really give 2 craps about if hes active duty or how much he contributes.
Thats all fine and dandy..... The guy seems really cool on a personal level too.

But really, I just want my parts or an update from him... WITHOUT me having to say "hey slim whats going on"

I really dont want to blast the guy but I really feel Im getting the run around here.
This transaction has taken 2 months instead of the 2 weeks he said I would have it in my hands... My situation is my bike is stored and I need to get it out of where its at... So Im waiting on these parts to get this thing mooving...

once again sorry if im causing a stir on here and in a way sorry to slim that I have to do this but yeah...

Im just waiting. lol

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Not to get in the Middle BUT.......If all you need to get your bike going is a J/B Box then just slap a Standard one and hit the road! Until He's got it Ready for You.

From all the posts I read what your waiting for from Slim has to be Built by Him. If you can't wait long enough for him to get it built, tested, & make sure it's going stand up before he sends it to you then you should of never ordered one from Him.

I use to work in an Electronics Repair shop & Everytime the Phone would ring & the Tech answered it. You'd hear him say.

"Hello"
"No, But like we said before we'll give you a call as soon as it's done"
"Well I don't know now, We would of had it done about an hour Ago but We keep having to Stop & Answer the phone to Tell people that we will Call them as soon as their's is Done"
"Yes Just as Soon"
"Bye"

Your Lucky that Slim has Patience. I know some Ele-Techs....You started complaining was taking too long,
You'd get a box of Parts in the Mail with a Note telling you ,That if Your in that big a hurry build it yourself.
I went through a brief moment of worry when I didn't receive the JB when I wanted or when it was expected. Then something came over me ..like a peace about this. I realized that this motorcycle thing was a gift and that having an upgraded JB was a blessing. I then realized that the fun of this forum and riding in general was in the JOURNEY. Maybe I am not supposed to have it when i want it. Thats the process that i go through constantly with the bike...always something cooler, new, and challenging. This can be applied to my riding skills as well. I am at peace with or without the JB. I must have MU SHIN or "no mind".

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
@jthill524 I understand what your saying, but the thing is built already.... Its a matter of just getting to me. being actually brought down to the PO. I know he said this has been done already. And I understand if USPS screws up, especially if you live in a small town...

But my point here is. Since last week ive been promised a shipment overnight. He was nice and offered my parts at half price, so i asked him to ship them to me overnight instead. he said that's fine...

Its been over a week, and i haven't heard anything.

Even after a PM, this post and a paypal dispute. I have heard nothing..
Other than... "Ill have my wife put it in the mail on sat, oops it didnt go out. ill have it go out on monday, oops it never left ill have it in the mail on wed...

This is the kinda crap I don't like.

Its all good if it takes longer than expected to make. But its made it just needs to get in the mail to get to me...
Once again I dont want to cause a stir and I feel in a way a little childish writing this post. But this is the real truth and im sure anyone else on the receiving end would totally feel the same.

@KIMMERLING I had that peace about a month ago... now im getting crap to get my bike out of where its at, and the wife is pissed off cause she told me to go to the dealer. So I hear this everyday.. I also don't have another means of transportation and im moving next week, so that address will not be valid anymore. Not to mention I need to take my kid to school a 30min drive away. and im pretty screwed.
If this would have taken a month or so that's fine even 2 months just get it in my hands so i can use my transportation for what I need it for that's all.

@OlHossCanada thanks for the understanding.... im in Las Vgeas btw

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
I think this is simpler than everyone's making it: Mpulse paid for a product he didn't receive. Slim, use Paypal to give him back his money. I use the Post Office online shipping service and they will provide a tracking number - Slim, give that a shot. Once mpulse knows his jbox is really in the mail, he can pay you again by Paypal.

·
Live And Let Live
20 Posts
I know how it feels to get the run around, this person should just stand up and be straight about what is going on, and it really sucks to be told it is on the way
and to find out it has not been shipped.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
I shipped it out once, through the APO (Army Post Office), they messed up on my shipping label and the JBs both got returned to me. Like MPulse said the JB's were supposed to be shipped last week, the thing is I have one car, and I take it to work... I work from 5 am until 6 pm with out a lunch break.. by the time I get off, the regular Post office is closed. Tomarrow, Tuesday May 18th, I am getting a ride into work from a friend so my wife can have the truck and get these into the mail. I am sorry for the long delay, and this is also the reason I am no longer offering the JB rebuild service. I will however give out the information to those who need it if they want to make their own. One other reason I have been having problems with these 2 JBs is because I wasn't given a core, and finding suitable JB's has been hard. If the OEM JB didn't mete my satisfaction it got scrapped... I went through three bad boards on Kimmerlings JB, before I got a good one. I went through 2 on Mpulse's.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Wow. Thanks for the hard work man. Thats crazy. Sorry you went through that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
im not saying your a butthole man, I just need my bike on the road BADLY.

So can you please, if you are shipping it out today, send me a tracking number PLEASE.
I should be expecting this tomorrow? since overnight was the deal here.?

APO's are wack. but if you just keep an open level of comunication all would be gravy...

Please let me know senior... Thanks

also if i get this jb tomorow, ill keep to my end of the deal brotha, Ill send you my old one man..
ohh and ill lift the paypal thing too so your paid....

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
I can't wait either... Don't worry about sending me your JB, because I have no use for them any more... I won't be rebuilding any more boxes for quite some time. I am going to write up a How-To-Mod the Junction Box document, that way all you that are interested can do it yourself. I don't have the time during the season to build these... I might come back this winter and offer my rebuild services...but right now, the Army has me so darn busy, that i can hardly think strait.

·
Love My Baby
1,165 Posts
Once this thing comes to a close may I suggest that a site administrator at least consider deleting this entire thread. Slim does not need to have this thread with it's incriminating title hovering over his head forever. He's been big enough to take care of the issues and his military schedule has certainly complicated things. But thank God for people like Slim who go overseas to serve and protect us all from afar, then come back home and try to adjust from the insanity over there to the insanity over here.

Slim, you're still well respected and appreciated. Bring this matter to a satisfactory end and then let's all move on. Then please, delete and forget!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I totally agree with rick, As soon as I received my parts I was going to ask an admin to pull this thread. Slim does seem like a good guy, and i didnt want to have this held above his head..... I Just wanted the situation rectified..

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.