Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first time on here and just got a 1999 Vulcan and was looking to make some personalization to the bike. Anywhere from changing gauges to blinkers. If you could just give an explanation and pics if available.

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
welcome to the jungle. There are plenty of mods listed within this site and can be found using the search bar up top or Google "vn750 mods". I have a seat from a vn900 as does Chuck A and several other members, relocated aftermarket signals and would Like to get different gauges but that's on hold. I can give you a link to my thread on gauges, it'll give you a start on them unless you plan on going digital.

http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31521.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
We also have a Projects and Builds section for more extreme mods....

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
First work on fixing this bike's slightly weak charging system (read up on it in the Vulcan Verses section) and verify that your driveshaft splines are lubed. After that the sky's the limit.

If you ride solo changing to a more comfy seat is a great start.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I can tell ya the seat mod takes about 20 minutes.

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
I can tell ya the seat mod takes about 20 minutes.
you must have stopped for a beer or something it took me 10 mins at the most :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Lol as a matter of fact I did. Also my drill died. Had to charge it

·
Registered
213 Posts
Whats the seat mod?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hee i thought i could make the stock better ;)

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,501 Posts
Hee i thought i could make the stock better ;)
That has been done and you can do a search on the subject. New and better padding was used under the original cover. Most opt to switch seats with that from a 900 or go custom using Mustang or other after market options.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
I just did a seat adaptation for a member here for a Harley 2-piece seat....hopin to see pics after he puts all the stuff on....

...almost ANYTHING can be done if one puts their mind to it....heck...1/2 of my VN is Harley now, lol....and Triumph, and Yamaha.....lol

If i like something I see, I do what I need to to make it work....its all just steel and rubber and stuff.....like George carlin said once...."ya gotta wannnnaaaaa"....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts