Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any feedback pn a dns springer ?my VP just picked one up for the ironhead i am building for him.i might pick one up for Fayhe.might mock it up on her to see what it looks like on her.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
I haven't heard much of anything bad about them.. Most people over on Chopper Cult seam to like em, they look to be just as good of quality as the Paughco springers, if not better.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope not a good fit.too narrow

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Just because the one you have in your hands is too narrow, doesn't mean anything.. they make them in all shapes and sizes.. the important part is the length of the steering stem. All other variables can be adapted to work. I have been looking at the prices of Springers for several years, And I feel that I am confidant in my abilities to make my own for right around 200 bucks (maybe more, maybe a little less depending on the price of steel, how much I can score a spring rebuild kit for, and weather or not I change out my triple trees).

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The stem on them is interchangeable.presses in from the bottom.but the back legs where they bend in at the top are too narrow.otherwise i like the look.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Probably gonna get one when i get working on my shovelhead.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
My buddy Ed has a guy that builds em for 2/3 the cost of Paughco.....do a search of "Unique Cycle" in West Milford, NJ.....give him a call....I was gonna get a girder built for mine.....

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My buddy Ed has a guy that builds em for 2/3 the cost of Paughco.....do a search of "Unique Cycle" in West Milford, NJ.....give him a call....I was gonna get a girder built for mine.....
He's the guy i met at strange days,right?will definitely do that.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts

i picked mine up on ebay a few years ago. 3 inch over. i used a c clamp to compress the springs, other than that no problems.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
He's the guy i met at strange days,right?will definitely do that.
Yup....he was down in the corner with the motor homes and such, passin the hot schnapps bottle around, lol....

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yup....he was down in the corner with the motor homes and such, passin the hot schnapps bottle around, lol....
Maybe i will see him this winter,if he remembers.he has a hunting camp in Beaver Meadow,which is about 10 miles from Norwich.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

i picked mine up on ebay a few years ago. 3 inch over. i used a c clamp to compress the springs, other than that no problems.
Is that a 400 or a 440?either way it's sweeeeet

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
its a 79 400 6speed. i get good feedback most of the time, one guy has been bugging me to sell it to his ol lady. i cant give her up. drum brakes front and rear and pretty comfy being a hardtail

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had a friend give me an 82? 440 ltd with a set up motor.i have a gs 650 motor sitting in it now.the rear mounts line up just need to fab front and bottom mounts.gonna cafe it
A friend of mine has a cbr900 front end that shares the same bearings.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts