Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Today I was about to order some highway pegs till I saw the price tag for some nice looking ones. Not to mention some of the ones I like come from China (not waiting 3 months my good sir). I had some L brackets and flat braces that I picked up from lowes about 6 years ago and they have finally served a purpose. I used the following:

4x of 5/16 x 18 by 1.5" flange bolts
2x of 5/16 x 18 stop nuts

2x of 5/16 x 18 well nuts (brass but enclosed in a rubber barrel with a rubber flange at the end)

2x machine bushings (they're like washers but have a big inner diameter, they fit over the well nuts)

I have a chrome crash bar on my bike. It looks like a field goal design. The highway peg mounting holes are tapered. They are wider on the inside than that outside. The well nut fits perfectly combined with the bushing washer. The flange nut keeps it in place tightly, and the other bolt with the lock nut keeps the bracket from going past the crash bar frame, keeping it level. I used some small m8x1.25 bolts and nuts to clamp the L brackets to the flat brackets. It's nicely sized and comfortable to rest my shoes on. Probably cost me 7 bucks for hardware and maybe 15 bucks or so for the brackets

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,817 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts