Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
mine did that right before my sensor **** the bed, take the cable off the sensor and touch it to one of the engine bolts, if you get full brightness on the light, then ya you need a new sensor.

·
Crowley
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it's the light green wire, no change with engine ground.

Wonder if the other cluster bulbs need to be in for proper voltage... I'll go try that...

·
Registered
222 Posts
yea its the green wire, and if theres no change when you disconnect if from the sensor and touch it to an engine bolt then idk what to tell ya, others will have to give their input.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I lied, it's barely lit at all times.
yea i really don't know what to tell ya, before i got a new(used) sensor my light would only come on if the engine was cold, once it warmed up it wouldn't come on(that plus a sticky clutch switch caused a few "omg why wont the bike start" moments) or it would just barley come on.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Can you read the voltage at the light? I haven't had mine apart so I'm guessing here. Or see how it lights a test light with different points for ground. Maybe check the continuity of the wires?

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
the neutral light has 12v on it whenever the ign is on, if I recall. the switch (sensor) completes the circuit to ground.

the other lights should have no bearing on it all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts