Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-Manometer-Differential-Air-Pressure-Meter-Gauge-/230564187946?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35aeb24f2a

I am interested in knowing if this would be useful for synchronizing the carbs on the VN750 as well as a few other uses I have in mind for this.
I do not know what vaccum range I would need to read for the carbs, so maybe someone here can tell me if this is useful.

The listing shows specs:
The device measures Gauge/Differential Pressure from -55H2O to +55H2O(+2 psi).It features 11 selectable units of measure:
inH2O,psi,bar,mbar,Kpa,InHg,mmHg,ozin2,FtH2O,cmH2O,kgcm,Additional features include Data Hold and Auto Power off disabled.Careful use of this meter will provide years of reliable service.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Sure you could use one like that but you can make one with clear hose and a yard stick.
there is a diagram on here somewhere.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sure you could use one like that but you can make one with clear hose and a yard stick.
there is a diagram on here somewhere.
Have you ever tried using those though? Sure its doable, but it sure is a pain!! I did it on a four cylinder, so I'm sure a twin isn't quite as bad but still!

Be ready to shut the engine down because the slightest difference in vaccum and you will be sucking oil into one of your cylinders faster than you can adjust the carbs

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
two vacuum gauges work well also and swap em after you finish and see if the both read the same,to be sure.Or test them both on the same vacuum source and adjust accordingly.

·
Super Moderator
11,867 Posts
Well, to actually answer your question, I am guessing the two tubes sticking out at the top mean you can compare two diffrent vacuum lines at the same time.... So yes, it should work for syncing the carbs on he 750.

Not sure what else you plan to use it for, but it can tell you how much something sucks.......;)

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This little unit is certainly inexpensive enough to give it a shot. It does in fact give you the "differential" pressure between the 2 input ports, so the goal would be to adjust the carbs so the diff. press. (in this case, vacuum) is reading zero.

As for what else I can use it for....avionics gauges for one....pressure output for small pumps and other things I like to "tinker" with.

Does anyone know about how much "vacuum" pressure these carbs develop? I just want to make sure the meter is able to cover the range of vacuum for each port.
I am thinking somewhere around 12-15 InHg ??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts