Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Drive less, ride more...
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had any luck finding different mirrors (besides stock) of reasonable quality (i.e., stay in position without constant adjustment) that actually let you see around your shoulders and behind you?.....:confused:

I'm looking for some different mirrors...something that's not circular, with no writing or enscriptions on them. Would prefer a chrome finish.

Rounded sides/ends are ok, though.

Thanks!.....

·
Registered
306 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
The first bike I had was a Suzuki GZ250. I had to buy some other long stem mirrors to be able to see behind me at all. The stock mirrors I took off the Suzuki are rectangular and have two vibration dampeners on the stems. They turned out to be perfect for the Vulcan when I got it. Here is a pic that sort of shows them. I really like them.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
I've got the same ones as Lurch; there are some on eBay that look the same but have a smaller profile, so just check the size before you order them. But I'm really happy with mine.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
I found a set of Mean Streak mirrors that work great, they are not to expensive as people are getting rid of there stock ones when they upgrade.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
I've been told 1500 mirrors fit and they are larger. Try ebay for good prices.

·
Registered
115 Posts
i got these from drag specialties....used their tall stalks and I can basically see behind me, sorta....Had to loctite the heck out of them to make them stay.

·
Undercover Sportbiker
1,097 Posts
You can sort of see mine in this pic:

I have them turned so the oval is up and down instead of side to side. They are not the best, but by the time I figured it out, it was too late to return them. They're very simialr to the first ones in the list on JC Whitney's site. Definitely had to loc-tite the crap out of them...

·
Registered
135 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,927 Posts
Very, uh, Wicked. As long as you can still see well behind you.....

I got the Teardrop ones from JCW, poor photo here:
http://tinyurl.com/ytnvx7

But then added a pair of those small 2" stick on "bugs eye" mirrors to the inside edge. It really made it nice for seeing cars in the blind spots, and also to keep an eye on my passenger...lol

KM

KM

·
Registered
748 Posts
I've got VN800/1500 mirrors on mine. Rectangular, with rounded corners, and good resolution; I love 'em. Got one set for 10 bucks off eBay; they show up there fairly often.

Jim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts