Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to one & all.

Has anyone swapped the 'ears' for another style?

I don't really like the shape of the original ones, but at the same time, I don't want to go the route of the full ear shave. Coming from an old 'belt & braces' type of engineering background, I am a firm believer in the air box.

I quite fancy a pair of chrome pancake type filters, not too large in diameter. Anybody got any ideas or know of a conversion kit of some sort?

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
somone has converted the Kuryakin Hyper Charger to work on the VN750...

while I am not a fan of apes I believe that is one of the slickest vn 750's I have ever seen ,did you look at the front fork covers and his handmade side covers strutless rear fender and the way the seat hugs the fender.Also a clean looking single gauge and the custom headlight.Somebody put a lot of thought and effort into this bike doing things you have to look close to notice.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
i've been thinking the same thing.. keep the airbox so i don't have all the problems with jetting, but get different filter housings. i like those 'hyper chargers'... i assume he has one on both sides. what does a hyper charger do? is it strictly a filter housing or does it do something to the air flow that would cause problems?
i was thinking about a round pancake style filter on both sides until i saw this picture.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
it looks like he also moved the horns to the sides and relocated his turn signals to the ends of the handle grips.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Yea ,there is a bunch of stuff you have to look close to notice,overall a clean ride but those white wire ties on the bars are an afterthought.I knew I could nit pick something!!!Sweet exhaust though.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
while I am not a fan of apes I believe that is one of the slickest vn 750's I have ever seen ,did you look at the front fork covers and his handmade side covers strutless rear fender and the way the seat hugs the fender.Also a clean looking single gauge and the custom headlight.Somebody put a lot of thought and effort into this bike doing things you have to look close to notice.
The forks are a one off production from eX-treme, along with the 5 degree raked triple trees. It uses dual hyperchargers, but its not an airfilter kit per say... its more like a ram air scoop. More info on the Kuryakyn Hypercharger can be found HERE .
More of Andreas' bike can be found Here and Here

But I agree. It is one of my favorite built VN750's of all time... wish we knew where it was today.

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
What I would like to do is use the solid chrome covers from the 1500 BUBF. But I was told by somebody a long time ago that they would not fit. You could adapt almost anything to fit, but it would either have to fit the square hole in the airbox, or the rubber boots that go from the airbox to the filter housings. It would also have to bolt to the frame. I'm sure there are numerous possibilities, if someone just wanted to put some time, thought, and work into it.

As far as the HyperCharger, I never did like that thing. It was originally designed for Harleys, then people started making adaptor plates to make it fit a lot of other bikes. It looks clunky and fake to me, like some kind of fake supercharger. I want something smooth and classy. That is a nice bike though. You don't see many customs made out of Vulcan 750s. Jerry.

·
Registered
268 Posts
$diety how I would love to have a nice set of forward controls like that!

That doesn't even look like the same bike! Beautiful.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts