Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the summer, the right side cover on my '94 vulcan either blew off or was stolen...

With the riding season approaching I want to get a new one for it. I found a good deal on a pair of two on Ebay and was wondering if the shape was the same for my 1994. The listing claims that it fits 1999-2006, but they look exactly the same as mine and look like they are way older than 1999.

Anyone's ideas on this would be greatly appreciated before I purchase.

Thanks

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Not that it matters with fitment, but another thing besides color that changed was going from a Vulcan decal to a Vulcan emblem.
But like it's been said, they are all the same.
Just be sure they have the mounting tabs/prongs/whatever ya want to call them, on the back side.

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
Any year will fit any other year. Some years they were painted, some years they were chrome. My '93 was chrome, my '02 is painted. The chrome can easily be scuffed up and painted over. Yeah you definitely want to make sure nothing is broken. I found that the head of the ignition key is ideal for removing/installing the retainer bolts without chewing them up.

On the later years, it is common for the emblems to fall off. They were nice and solid on my '93, and I just left them alone. They started falling off my '02 shortly after I bought it. I went ahead and removed them. I was going to have some custom vinyl emblems made, but then I decided I liked the way it looked without them better. Jerry.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys,

I checked the pictures on ebay and the mounting points are all present. I am not paying ten bucks to get a matching bolt that holds the thing on so I'll just get one from a hardware store. The finish on the new parts are in rough shape so I'm going to need to spend some quality time with some sandpaper and get them nice and smooth. I was also thinking about getting custom decals, but we'll see how it looks without. What color do you think will match well with my Burgundy/Wine colored tank?

Despite our recent loss to Canada in Olympic hockey, I decided to be a good sport and went ahead and patronized a Canadian vendor. :boxing: Does it really cost $20 to ship something across the border?!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Somewhere close to that, one time I sent a small metal bracket to someone across the boarder and it cost me $12 to ship before I had to pay for the packaging.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Thanks guys,

I checked the pictures on ebay and the mounting points are all present. I am not paying ten bucks to get a matching bolt that holds the thing on so I'll just get one from a hardware store. The finish on the new parts are in rough shape so I'm going to need to spend some quality time with some sandpaper and get them nice and smooth. I was also thinking about getting custom decals, but we'll see how it looks without. What color do you think will match well with my Burgundy/Wine colored tank?

Despite our recent loss to Canada in Olympic hockey, I decided to be a good sport and went ahead and patronized a Canadian vendor. :boxing: Does it really cost $20 to ship something across the border?!
The bolts needed to hold the covers on are made just for these covers and are different from left to right. NO hardware store will have them, standard bolts do not have thr required shank needed. If using hardware store bolts you will end up cracking the cover when tightning or you will loose the bolt and eventually the cover, AGAIN!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts