Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the K&N pod filters but in a good rain storm bike runs like hell. I take it the carbs are sucking in some water. I thought I saw a setup sometime ago that placed a filter under the tank.

The bike also uses alot more gas then before the ear shave. I'm think the carbs just need to be adjusted a bit after the rejet. Plus maybe sinked?

Thanks for any input.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
I have the K&N pod filters but in a good rain storm bike runs like hell. I take it the carbs are sucking in some water. I thought I saw a setup sometime ago that placed a filter under the tank.

The bike also uses alot more gas then before the ear shave. I'm think the carbs just need to be adjusted a bit after the rejet. Plus maybe sinked?

Thanks for any input.
I believe it;s a KN -3950.
I have one, changed my mind.... decided not to Ear-Shave/Rejet.
PM me if interested.

:smiley_th

·
Registered
34 Posts
You might play around with the jets. I did mine and mpg went down to 30ish. Put the original jets back in and ran great. As far as filters I use Emgo. They tuck under the tank pretty well.

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
as far as jets go on mine, stock jets, running stock exhaust.

Using Uni PK-92's for filters, and I have ridden in monsoons without engine hiccups (lets not discuss rider or other driver hiccups)

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,361 Posts
Did the ear shave as prescribed except jet and didn't t notice much difference in mpg. HOWEVER, i did have a few times when gas was pouring out of the left filter. I synched and sea foamed and that seemed to solve that issue. Maybe you need to turn you air mix screws in. Clockwise is more air if i remember correctly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts