Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Super Moderator
2003 VN750
11,016 Posts
I pronounced the battery dead at 10:16 EST. No autopsy will be performed but we’ll list cause of death as “Kawasaki dealer battery exposed to prolonged single digit weather”
At least it's a confirmed fix and you don't have to troubleshoot the JB. I'll guess the battery is $100-125. Last DieHard I bought was $100, an AGM from Advance Auto. My Vulcan and ATV use the same battery.

· Super Moderator
2003 VN750
11,016 Posts
I've been following this thread with interest but THIS really piques my curiosity! Do explain, Spockster.
Haha, well... There are no doubt some videos out there.

You use a saw and cut around the top of the battery to open it up. Then you can use molten lead to pour new posts or connect the cell ties back together. You can take all the plates out to clean out the sulphation, in lead acid batteries.

Then you can plastic weld the top back on.

As long as I can get a new battery, that's what I'm doing. :)

· Registered
183 Posts
Haha, well... There are no doubt some videos out there.

You use a saw and cut around the top of the battery to open it up. Then you can use molten lead to pour new posts or connect the cell ties back together. You can take all the plates out to clean out the sulphation, in lead acid batteries.

Then you can plastic weld the top back on.

As long as I can get a new battery, that's what I'm doing. :)
I've seen people doing some crazy sh* since living in Maine but yeah, I guess we're not quite "third world" up here. Like you said, it helps to still be able to buy new batteries instead of resorting to drastic measures like this!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts