Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you who have shaved the ears off or put on less restrictive pipes ever heard of the dial__a_jet system? It seems that it is supposed to cure all problems related to lean fuel mixtures from just off idle to wide open throttle. It also seems to be the answer for those who travel from sea level up to the mountain passes, and through large changes in temperature.

You can go to http://www.thunderproducts.com/dial_a_jet_ techpapers.htm to read about it. Ok this address won`t print the dashes and words "a jet" where you see the 3 dots. If you are interested you will have to type it out in full http://thunderproducts.com then add /dial_a_jet_techpapers.htm

Is it realistic to use this on a VN750? They say it is for m/c but most of the info seems more directed towards snowmobiles. Any opinions here?

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Hmmm, interesting.
HERE is a write-up with a picture. Looks like it might fit without troubles.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I had considered putting one on one of my atv's when I did some mods on it. Never did, but have seen a few people that did use them and claimed they worked very well.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks slimvr, hyper and scooter for reply. I was hoping that someone had personal experience with them. My son in law and family do a lot of snowmobiling and off road 4 wheel ATVing. He has been with guys who have some sort of extenal jet adjustment on their machines, but he was not sure what brand it was. In his opinion they spent a lot of time adjusting the dials. I`m not sure that I need any more power anyway, but I might change my mind after getting more time in the saddle.

If anyone tries it out I would be interested in a review of it.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Of the people that I have chatted with that did add one on their atv, it wasn't added for any power. They just rode in a variance of altitudes, and it was a lot easier to use the dial than to rejet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts