Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always looking through the craigslist ads for deals.

Then I happened upon this posting.

Heck, I got the ok from the wife to get a bigger cruiser and was gonna ask 3k for mine. I need to find what internet he's using.

·
Registered
900 Posts
sometimes when doing a title 42 you raise the price to some crazy amount when you put it up for sale as part of the title process.

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
"...top speed 140mph..." ha, ha, ha.... I bet he put whistle tips on it too....
WHOO.....WHOOOOOOOO!!!!!

·
Banned
431 Posts
sometimes when doing a title 42 you raise the price to some crazy amount when you put it up for sale as part of the title process.
What's a title 42? Why does rising the raise help?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
$5500 a little. This was the last model year, so might be worth it to a collector.

KM
Picutre is a 2006 model, but he says his is black and silver, not an 06 unless he's swapped parts. And when did they get chrome rims?

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
Sometimes people on Craigs are selling for someone else. Regardless, this dude ain't gettin' 55 for that bike. I paid 5k for my 02 meanie that only had 4100 on the clock...

·
Registered
900 Posts
What's a title 42? Why does rising the raise help?
its a storage lean on a bike, car, trailer so that you can obtain a title for it...part of the process is to advertize the bike in a few public places for a certain amount of time.. I had to do this to get the title on mine.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Had mine up to 120 with the original sized front tire. So it may have been a little slower than that. At any rate, I had to put a new button on the seat from when the handle bars started shaking.

I think the air vortex created by my sphincter actually slowed the bike down even faster.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, sent an email asking if they still have it, and if they have any pics of it.

I'll be sure to share the reply.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Interesting reply.

"Yes I still do, you can call me to 214-635-8526 and mention the ad on craigslist.
Sent from my iPhone"

Makes me wonder how many other places they've got it advertised. Maybe I'll make it a productive day at work and call tomorrow.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
12.000 miles top speed up to 140 mph the value on the internet is 6,299
Mint condition, 1 owner clean title, and has new tires, i am asking 5500 obo
it runs really good, its black and silver the rims are chrome.
Top speed calculated from gear ratios at 8.5K redline is ~123 mph.
The vn750 never came with chrome rims.
Somebody is on drugs. lol

·
Registered
686 Posts
So I called.
Lady with thick accent answers. Avoided answering all questions...."Cannot talk now." I tried to gently tell her she would never get $5500 for it...."if someone offers $3500, take it." I told her. She then said they paid $10K for the bike "new". Asked if she could read the 10th digit of VIN on the title....click!
What was in the subject line for this thread??

·
Registered
41 Posts
Had mine up to 120 with the original sized front tire. So it may have been a little slower than that. At any rate, I had to put a new button on the seat from when the handle bars started shaking.

I think the air vortex created by my sphincter actually slowed the bike down even faster.
Love that death wobble!! My 06 flew loose on me at 105 on US 411 about 6 miles North of Ga line. OMG!!!!! I thought the handle bars were gonna dent the tank on it, my seat still has a funky spot in it lol. I took it back to the dealer and the mechanic said he couldn't find anything wrong with the bike and added "you don't need to be riding that F'n fast anyway". Oh man did that hit a nerve, needless to say the owner showed up shortly after that. Ten minutes later my bike was fixed. The steering stem nut I think is what he called it wasn't tight enough, he said that was a factory assembled part and apologized. However, no one there wanted to perform the test ride to ensure it wouldn't wobble. Truthfully, it took me a good while to build back enough testicular fortitude to try it my self. Haven't had a wobble since.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts