Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All! Just picked up my "new to me" 95 VN750. I've never been so excited for a trip to the DMV. I went through a lot of the posts on here prior to making the purchase, and now that it's officially in my garage, I figured I'd introduce myself.

Bike has 11K on the clock, looks like he rode off the showroom floor straight into his garage and left it idle in first gear on the center stand for 11K...pristine! Gave me the cover, a helmet (now I have 3), and a Clymer manual. Between that and this site, I should have all maintenance bases covered!

Anyway, thought I'd say hello, and let everyone know I'll be checkin' in!

·
Premium Member
4,734 Posts
Welcome, and enjoy the ride. Stay safe.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Great to have you ,must not be your first bike since you had a couple of helmets already,what 'cha been riding? Yeah I'm nosy LOL

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My other bike is a 78 KZ750. It's been sitting in the garage for too long now, patiently waiting for a rather large tune-up/overhaul/update/etc... My wife kind of "talked me into" buying another bike that was running, so we could work on the KZ without trying to rush to get out on the road.

"Talked me into" - lol - I think she jokingly said something like, "if we had another bike you could ride while we fix that one" - lo & behold, 3 days later we have the VN....but it's nice to be able to say, "Well, a second bike was actually YOUR idea!"

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
she's a keeper!!

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Welcome to the Vulcan madness, from clear out here in sunny southern Alberta.

·
Registered
70 Posts
welcome to the family!

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
My other bike is a 78 KZ750. It's been sitting in the garage for too long now, patiently waiting for a rather large tune-up/overhaul/update/etc... My wife kind of "talked me into" buying another bike that was running, so we could work on the KZ without trying to rush to get out on the road.

"Talked me into" - lol - I think she jokingly said something like, "if we had another bike you could ride while we fix that one" - lo & behold, 3 days later we have the VN....but it's nice to be able to say, "Well, a second bike was actually YOUR idea!"
Does she have a sister, I might trade my wife in, A little high mileage but she still runs pretty good. especially the mouth!
welcome to the forums!

·
Vintage bike addict
859 Posts
Welcome aboard! Yep she's a keeper. I too have a 78 KZ750. Is yours the B3 twin? PM me if you need any help on it.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Welcome! Congrats on the purchase. Where in DE are you located? Dover here

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Welcome aboard! Yep she's a keeper. I too have a 78 KZ750. Is yours the B3 twin? PM me if you need any help on it.
You guys probably already know about it, but kzrider.com is a fantastic forum on the KZ's. You'll find everything you need to know about them and a lot of real experts on there. Just FYI.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Thanks, Everyone! Sorry I haven't stopped back in - busy getting the bike legal to get out and enjoy it. Finalized today - licensed, tagged, insured - all during lunch. Never felt so good about a trip to the dmv...

To answer a few questions:
My wife - definite keeper - also - I have 5, yes, 5, sister-in-laws....everyone of them is awesome.

My KZ - I think it is a B3, but am having trouble remembering... - I was having some carb trouble, and decided I was going to fix it and when I started pulling things off, I found some other stuff that needed done, and then my daughter was born - that equated to no time to work on it, and it's just sat. Antiq - once I'm ready to start working on it again, I'll definitely pm you. I'll use you, kzrider.com, and the forum you posted as well as resources. I did have pics of the KZ on kzrider at one point - not sure if they're still there...yep - it is -

http://kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_ponygallery&func=detail&id=85&Itemid=6

http://kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_ponygallery&func=detail&id=86&Itemid=6

They're from when I first got her, but she looks the same, just sadder from not running...

Location - Newark - right off rt. 40 between 895 & Rt. 1. I usually avoid the highways - I don't trust the other drivers - I ride up through Fair Hill, MD & into PA alot - up to Morgantown/Lancaster area. Just beautiful country rodes through there.

Are there any get-togethers round these parts for VN owners? I've only scrolled through some of the other forums. I noticed there were some people that were heading to Thunder in the Valley in Johnstown. I'm originally from Altoona, so maybe next year I'll try to head up there...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts