Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I succesfully de-goated my 2003 today and used flexible tubing to connect the headers to the mufflers. The job was fairly simple. I was a little surprised how much the mufflers moved when the job was done.

Anyways, the center stand now hits the left side heat shield. Does anyone have a solution? I do not want to remove the center stand so I assume some sort of bracket will be needed.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Jaybird said:
I succesfully de-goated my 2003 today and used flexible tubing to connect the headers to the mufflers. The job was fairly simple. I was a little surprised how much the mufflers moved when the job was done.

Anyways, the center stand now hits the left side heat shield. Does anyone have a solution? I do not want to remove the center stand so I assume some sort of bracket will be needed.
IIRC, I used a large heavy grommet. Cut a slit, and taped it to the centerstand so it would cushion the bump into the left frame rail....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jaybird said:

jabird, Will you tell me how you fixed the problem with center stand?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts