·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I degoated, put on coasters and now the bike struggles to rev
past 6k rpm. It used to pull strong until 7K, can just about get it
there now.
Is there anything else I can do?
I love the sound, cant stand the lack of power.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
You may need to re adjust your carbs or even re jet. There are others here like Dianna who know more about this than I do. You may want to contact them to find out.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Double check your hose that goes to the bottom of the right ear to make sure it is not bottomed out.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
I think Loran is on the right track, and your problem is not the degoating directly. Maybe something related to the way the degoating was done (air leak, etc) or bad sparkplugs.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but degoating should not negatively affect your power at high rpms. Should even help some. Could affect your power some at low rpms due to less backpressure.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mark said:
I think Loran is on the right track, and your problem is not the degoating directly. Maybe something related to the way the degoating was done (air leak, etc) or bad sparkplugs.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but degoating should not negatively affect your power at high rpms. Should even help some. Could affect your power some at low rpms due to less backpressure.
Ran fine before degoating. Doubt the plugs to be at fault.
I will check the hose as that was removed and put back.

Could the mixtures screws have anything to do with it?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Did you cap off the vacume nipple on the right side carb?

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Woody said:
Did you cap off the vacume nipple on the right side carb?
Yes.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Double check your hose that goes to the bottom of the right ear to make sure it is not bottomed out.
What is ment by make sure it is not bottomed out???, clogged???, slipped out???,
Also this is the tube that goes to the vent tubes that connects to the "T" connection on top of the carb???

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
There is a carb vent hose that goes from the carb to the right side ear or air filter box. It has a tendency to get bottomed out in there, and as it is drawing a slight suction, it can shut its self off like a vacuum hose when you put your finger over it. Then it will struggle to vent and won't allow enough fuel to flow when you are at high revs. Most that have had trouble will pull the hose and clip the end at an angle so it is less prone to bottoming out. I've never messed with it so this is my uneducated interpretation! If I missed a detail, someone will chime in and correct me.
It is typical to see someone suggest this as a possible problem when you suddenly have a loss of power at higher revs, especially when you haven't been wrenching on the bike and caused the problem yourself.:)

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
I ran into this problem when I had degoated and ear shaved both at the same time. I regoated that corrected the problem for me. You can get jets that flow more fuel. I am sure some one here will let you know what jets to use.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Funny enough, just getting around to fixing it now. Engine and bike are apart all over my garage. Just got all the gaskets, etc. to put the engine back together after I paint all the external parts.

Painting the frame while it's apart. Painting the tank and fenders too.

Be pretty much a new bike when I get it done this summer. SHould be a fun turn of the key.

Took a while as I have my Meanie to ride so I couldn't get sufficiently motivated to tackle the vn750.

Jon

1 - 15 of 15 Posts