Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Tinkerer
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having problems trying to source a set of tank decals for my bike here in the UK.

Reaching out to see if anyone can help, I want a set the same as the attached thumbnail

Cheers in advance, Gaz

Attachments

·
Tinkerer
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's from an 85 right? Jeez, good luck...try EBay?
Not much luck on eBay either, only found one side of tank... I've a feeling it would be easier to get hen's teeth lol

I'll have a rethink :wink2:

·
Tinkerer
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No not at all, but I'd need to get dimensions of all the decals to get them made up. I might just go decal-less lol

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
when I repainted mine, I had new decals made.. I told the company how much room I had, and they made a couple sizes for me, and I chose the one that I liked the best. Now, mine are not exact (not even close) duplicates of what was on it originally.

also, didnt GCExtreme start making decals?? he is an owner of a vn, not sure what year, but at least he is familiar with what your looking to do.

*edit*, it seems from memory that there is at least 1 other member making decals as well, but I dont remember username(s).. sorry if I missed listing you guys

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Been hunting for a complete set for a bit.

As a bonus I did source a NOS 85 tank, so that kind of made it less of a pressing search.

Reactions: Gaz73

·
Tinkerer
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Tinkerer
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Been hunting for a complete set for a bit.

As a bonus I did source a NOS 85 tank, so that kind of made it less of a pressing search.
Could you do me a big favour? I need the dimensions of the tank center piece and also the size of the Kawasaki... I've sourced a NOS side tank decal so I have that to work off.

I have a graphics guy going to make me up a full set :)

so if you could give me those sizes, I'd really appreciate it

·
Tinkerer
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If anyone could take the measurements from the center piece on the tank and also the size of the "Kawasaki" on the sides and post the sizes I'd really appreciate it. Cheers in advance, Gaz

Attachments

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
I can't, I don't have a VN750 anymore. I'm sure someone with a VN750, tape measure, and 4 minutes to spare will be along shortly. :) I think this is a really interesting project. Looking forward to seeing it complete. :D

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts

·
Tinkerer
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Can anyone help?

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
I'll be in the back of the garage with the VN sometimes this weekend, will try to remember

·
Tinkerer
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Can any one who has a tank with the decals I'm after please help out... just need the size of the centre piece and the Kawasaki on the side, many thanks in advance :)

·
Tinkerer
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Last shout out, can any one please help me out and give me the sizes of the tank centre piece decal and also the Kawasaki on the side of the tank??

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts