Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to find the threads regarding the removal of the side cover decals. I remember reading about using heat and fishing line. My main question is--- Is the paint under the decal OK or does the cover need to be repainted after removing decals.
Thanks in advance.
Jim

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
I would think the paint would do ok, especially if while using the fishing line you kept the top side sprayed and soaking in WD-40... BTW-I have never removed the side cover decals...
Don't know where the thread is though...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply
Jim

·
Registered
738 Posts
My side cover decals removed themselves. Probably a bad batch of glue. All the glue came off with the decal itself, leaving the paint underneath in perfect condition. I like the decals, so I glued them back on.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I have used a hiar dryer and fishing line... takes a bit of time but it gets the job done.. and your paint should be fine...its may be a bit darker under the decal if its been setting in the sun for a few years.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I just finished the job. I heated the back side of the cover with a heat gun and then pulled monofilement fishing line under the decal. Came off easy. I then used Goof Off to clean off the adhesive. Covers are all waxed and back on the bike.
Jim

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Thanks guys. I just finished the job. I heated the back side of the cover with a heat gun and then pulled monofilement fishing line under the decal. Came off easy. I then used Goof Off to clean off the adhesive. Covers are all waxed and back on the bike.
Jim
ALL RIGHT!!!...:smiley_th...:smiley_th...:smiley_th...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts