Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well myself and four others rode to deals gap. WOW what a ride if any of you like twisties go to Deals Gap and ride the dragon... We also rode the Cherohola Skyway, the curves and the sceanic views are amazing. On the way back we decided to ride the devils triangle. This ride is like riding spagetti in a bowl. The curves sharper and the switchbacks are unreal a grand total of 576 curves on that road. If you havr rode the dragon and not the devils triangle the skill level is alot higher. Altogether we rode over 850 miles in two days with numb rearends the sceanery was worth all of it and the friends to ride it with priceless...

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
My friends and I have done the Dragon a couple times now, but never the Devils triangle. You say the skill level for the triangle is much higher!!! That makes me want to go there even more! Gotta make that next on the trip list. Cool bike.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea anybody with a bike needs to ride the triangle its insane!!! way more difficult than the dragon!!!

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
yea anybody with a bike needs to ride the triangle its insane!!! way more difficult than the dragon!!!
STAY OFF MY ROAD---RIDE THE DRAGON...lol... Hey just kiddin, but let me introduce you to another lil ride off the triangle, but make sure you feel up to some hair pins with some serious penalties for screw ups...
If you get on the devil's triangle at the Petros end go till you pass the power line X-ing or Braytown and on thru Rosedale and Charlies camp and cross the river on 116, (you are almost to Stainville) then hang a left on that gravel road, it's only gravel for 3 mi. then turn right on the black top there at Shea and on over the mountain to Caryville...
PS- Of course coming the other way turn right on the gravel Rd. at the river x-ing...
Don't take any newbies on this one... Check it out on the map...

http://mapshare.delorme.com/Consumer/V.aspx?p=3tz7pwpd

That will add a bit of spice and a ride very few have been on...
Not knockin the Trangle as I love, especially the 1st 3 mi. out of Brushy Mtn. prison...

http://mapshare.delorme.com/Consumer/V.aspx?p=cnstj8d1

Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea had a nump rearend and its a saddleman seat and with over 800 miles roundtrip no matter the seat it will b numb...

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have a question.. and i know this is an opinion thing but...I had a buddy talking about The dragon the other day and I've looked at the map, but what's the fun in that many tight curves with no speed?? Don't get me wrong, i love scenery as much as the next guy, but I like wide, sweeping curves that you can tool along at 50-60. My Arkansas home has plenty of big vistas like that.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
I have a question.. and i know this is an opinion thing but...I had a buddy talking about The dragon the other day and I've looked at the map, but what's the fun in that many tight curves with no speed?? Don't get me wrong, i love scenery as much as the next guy, but I like wide, sweeping curves that you can tool along at 50-60. My Arkansas home has plenty of big vistas like that.
Well I guess you could just pass Yellow Wolf on his big clumsy Goldwing and go on...lol...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nrMQ3QwyPo

Jokes aside, it's just a very popular ride that a lot claim as braggin rites...
Personally I think it has got too crowded, but in the day that it wasn't it was a whale of a ride... I actually like the Cherohala Skyway, Moonshiner 28, and the devil's triangle better as they are not as popular or over crowded... And like you I have some very good twisties here near home that I love ridin. ...JMO...

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Well I guess you could just pass Yellow Wolf on his big clumsy Goldwing and go on...lol...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nrMQ3QwyPo

Jokes aside, it's just a very popular ride that a lot claim as braggin rites...
Personally I think it has got too crowded, but in the day that it wasn't it was a whale of a ride... I actually like the Cherohala Skyway, Moonshiner 28, and the devil's triangle better as they are not as popular or over crowded... And like you I have some very good twisties here near home that I love ridin. ...JMO...
I'm like OD,I can step out the door fire mine up and immediately have 5 miles of twisted backroad to the nearest 4 lane and since I live near a town of 600 people even the 4lane is fun to jump on for 10 to 15 miles of high speed fun. Those sweepers you talk about at 50 to 60 mph are even more interesting from 90 up to 100 or better on 700 lbs of big old Vulcan power,then jump off for some more 2 lane blacktop in Eastern Ky,which is one of the most overlooked riding areas in the country.

I kinda like it that way.I have a lot of it to myself.Am I being selfish?Well I might be.I ride alone a lot or in a small group of 2 or three usually and we have all ridden together for years and don't have to worry about what the others are doing a lot,we all keep our head in the game and that's the main thing. Pay attention, it may help keep you around awhile to enjoy it.

As the Old Dog says "have a good one"...Denny:smiley_th

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Eastern Ky,which is one of the most overlooked riding areas in the country.
Absolutely, as Denny said Eastern Ky., and I'll add Eastern Tn., Western W. Va., and Western Va., Western N.C., all have good ridin uncrowded twisties... Here is one in E. Ky., just North of where I was born and raised that I try to ride about every time I go back home to Well Springs Tn. ... I ride quite a bit in E. Ky. when I go back home...

http://mapshare.delorme.com/Consumer/V.aspx?p=ch3n2226

There are a few coal trucks but on week ends there are very few if any, and they are used to other trucks being on the road, so they seem to always leave your side open...
PS-And if you ride Ky. SR-90 around the Cumberland Fall State park area be sure to chow down at their resturant for a good fill...lol...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts