·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No Facebook. Sorry,, can't check it out.
Look at this,I left it big so you could see mynew bars they are 900 custom bars and I like em a lot better than the big wide bars,it came with.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I never got a flat, must be from the ride-on tire sealant.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice, I like the bars. I take it you were not too far from home? Hey it works right!?
I was near a friends house and he came and got me and i took his atv and trailer back to haul it in .I have been up there this morning and replaced the tire and tube,ready to put it back on now but took a break from the heat.

To add insult to injury, I rolled into his place about 6 this morning,to work on it for a while before the heat set in .It had been raining a little before I got there,and while I noticed the creek under his bridge was running a little bigger than normal,I didn't think much about it,About 7 his wife asked me if I knew was flooded in,That little creek raised about 7 feet in an hour! well I wasn't worried about it,I had work to do.Robert who rode up to the gathering with me lived on the other side of the creek and it washed his mower out of his yard and got up to the windshield on his Grand Cherokee before he even knew it was flooding,looks totaled to me,and this was after the rain had stopped for an hour.Never got in his house but his yard is coated with a couple inches of mud

It went down almost as fast as it came up but that was a freak of a flood. Several houses in the neighbor hood were damaged.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, that's crazy. you know what the next question is right!?

Did you get any pics? lol
That would be a negative I never think to use that stupid phone,oh I forgot it is a smart phone, so it must be me

·
Registered
133 Posts
Are you telling the truth about that ATV pulling you back in !,,,it looks like that dog pulled you home looking at the picture. :). i bet you carry instant foam puncture repair now Denny. PS..great looking bike.

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,501 Posts
Are you telling the truth about that ATV pulling you back in !,,,it looks like that dog pulled you home looking at the picture. :). i bet you carry instant foam puncture repair now Denny. PS..great looking bike.
Question here and sorry if it has been covered before: Which is better, (A) a small plug kit and mini compressor or (B) instant foam puncture repair canister? I have heard both sides regarding cage tires but I am asking specific to motorcycles right now.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Question here and sorry if it has been covered before: Which is better, (A) a small plug kit and mini compressor or (B) instant foam puncture repair canister? I have heard both sides regarding cage tires but I am asking specific to motorcycles right now.
The plugging kit is far better than any of the canned stuff,if you have tubeless tires,Nothing was gonna help me,since I have tubes , I don't like em but that is what the bike came with,and as soon as finances afford ,Iwill put aluminum wheels and run tubeless.

Nothing was gonna help in my situation ,it went flat within 200 yards in 30 plus years that is the second flat I have had to deal with away from home,in this case a phone beat anything else.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Heh...

Back around 1977 I was riding my old Sportster north along the Adirondack Northway....felt a wobble, pulled over....tire went flat (this was in the tube days mind you)...well, I was about 40 miles from the nearest TINY town, so I layed her down on the shoulder, broke and opened the bead on one side, and filled her full of SOD...yep, thats right....muddy, root laden, wet sod....
I was able to ride at 40 mph to the nearest town, got a room for the night, and patched the tube at a local station next day...
Learned the sod trick from my motocross days...I used to race a Bultaco in the early 70's....
It works....guessing would work w/tubeless too.....:smiley_th

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Back around 1977 I was riding my old Sportster north along the Adirondack Northway....felt a wobble, pulled over....tire went flat (this was in the tube days mind you)...well, I was about 40 miles from the nearest TINY town, so I layed her down on the shoulder, broke and opened the bead on one side, and filled her full of SOD...yep, thats right....muddy, root laden, wet sod....
I was able to ride at 40 mph to the nearest town, got a room for the night, and patched the tube at a local station next day...
Learned the sod trick from my motocross days...I used to race a Bultaco in the early 70's....
It works....guessing would work w/tubeless too.....:smiley_th
Is that where the phrase "quick and dirty" came from? :beerchug:
that's awesome info that I'll stick in my brain for an emergency!

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
hayah

Not sure where Kyle is, but been Dallas and north...lived in Dallas (Richardson) 3 months....
Seems kinda dry there to use my method, so a suggestion for the US southwest :...roll up that tall grass they dont mow anymore into tight rolls, and use that...if I remember right, that stuff was hollow and pretty strong...
Then again, ya can always load it on up with pecan shells/nuts....key is, is to add something with weight, so once riding, the centrifical force kinda balances things....may even wanna try them Bluebells down there, they gotta be heavy where they grow....

:beerchug:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts