Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , looking for some help with a problem . I have a Vulcan 750 California which i just purchased . The bike has been running great until yesterday , went a long run , stopped once then parked up at my destination , came back an hour later , bike would not start , pressed starter , click and no turn over, then started once and died , luckily managed to get a jump from a taxi driver and she started ? , switch off again , dead but lights and so on ok . got home finally and tested battery which was fine and she started no problem , thinking maybe battery as it looks like the original american battery ?? I have a set of vance and hanes pipes on her as well and she has now developed a spit and backfire problem after running fine ? . Are these bikes prone to electrical faults as now very nervous of going out on her in case it happens again

Many Thanx

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
Hey, welcome to the group from Texas USA cowboy country.
Check all your main elactical connections. Most especially the ones that come from the battery. And also check and clean the ground connection. In many cases the vibrations cause ti to get loose and sometimes ground good and other not.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Check all of your Grounds.. and do you have an MF Battery?... also check and clean your vent hose comting from that back of the tank.

·
Premium Member
4,748 Posts
If it hasn't already been done, you may want to disconnect the extra emissions equipment that is standard on a California bike. I'm told it will make life simpler.

·
Registered
273 Posts
long shot... try moving the key a bit... mine is touchy.

:itchy-scr

1 - 5 of 5 Posts