Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
gun slinger
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just cut the muffler off and welded in 1 3/4" in place and reused the factory tips! My question.... there a need to jet the fuel toilets? Or just roll out as is??

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
You do not need to rejet if only doing the exhaust.
Only if you change the intake.
You may have to adjust the air mix screws to stop popping on decel.

·
gun slinger
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You do not need to rejet if only doing the exhaust.
Only if you change the intake.
You may have to adjust the air mix screws to stop popping on decel.
Ya im already on that with the mix screws!

·
gun slinger
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

looks stock ... though doesnt sound anything like stock lol

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
Just cut the muffler off and welded in 1 3/4" in place and reused the factory tips! My question.... there a need to jet the fuel toilets? Or just roll out as is??
Just roll out as is!

looks stock ... though doesnt sound anything like stock lol

That's exactly what I did to mine. Looks stock and sounds GRRRREAT!

·
gun slinger
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im likeing it on the highway, specially under the over passes/tunnels !!!!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
That looks nice. Do you experience any heat issues in the saddle bags? It looks like the exhaust dumps under the bags.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Next step, drilling the baffles. ;)

·
gun slinger
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That looks nice. Do you experience any heat issues in the saddle bags? It looks like the exhaust dumps under the bags.
Not really, I rode across town on the hwys (30 mins or so) and my 12 pack stayed cool

·
Registered
802 Posts
I knew I needed new saddle bags. Mine only holds a six pack. :(

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
lol You should see what I can carry. 10 ears of corn, angel cake, strawberries, whip cream, a large bottel of booze, a normal bottel of ameretto, 8 pack of buns & my wife carried the 24 pack of coke on her lap. lol Bags are great!lol Sorry didn't mean to thread Jack. Back to point in case. Did you bend the pipe your self on the one side?

·
gun slinger
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol You should see what I can carry. 10 ears of corn, angel cake, strawberries, whip cream, a large bottel of booze, a normal bottel of ameretto, 8 pack of buns & my wife carried the 24 pack of coke on her lap. lol Bags are great!lol Sorry didn't mean to thread Jack. Back to point in case. Did you bend the pipe your self on the one side?
yes i did, i was almost going to make the exhaust come out on the same side (with some different tips) , but i ran out of time maybe next saturday if i feel like it

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Where's the beef? LOL

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Do you have a pipe bender? I've always known this is an easy mod (with the right tools) but bending a short piece of tube is just something I'm not geared for. I don't want to use that flex pipe stuff.

·
gun slinger
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do you have a pipe bender? I've always known this is an easy mod (with the right tools) but bending a short piece of tube is just something I'm not geared for. I don't want to use that flex pipe stuff.
Yes a exhaust pipe bender .I was going use a 12'exhaust stick and bend.the rear exhaust through where the muffler use to be and have both exit out the rt side! If it looks good enough clean the welds and sent it out for chrome plateing or just leave it all stainless steel!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I did the same thing. But I took mine to a muffler shop that charged me 40 bucks to remove the goat and bend and weld a piece in there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts