Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:motorcycl can you guys, or gals, help me out with some questions about after-market pipes. 1. I've found some Cobra's and V&H pipes. Any preference? Are they really that much better sounding than just de-goating. 2. Do you have to de-goat when you put on after-market pipes? 3. Any noticeable power gains. 3. Finally, do you have to re-jet the carbs with after-market pipes.
Thanks

·
Registered
553 Posts
KENSDAD said:
:motorcycl can you guys, or gals, help me out with some questions about after-market pipes. 1. I've found some Cobra's and V&H pipes. Any preference? Are they really that much better sounding than just de-goating. In my opinion Cobras are just louder, V&H sound better and both are louder, the cobra's more than the V&H )option to take out baffles on the V&H's which would make them very loud from what I've heard.
2. Do you have to de-goat when you put on after-market pipes?You can not use the goat belly going to aftermarket pipes

3. Any noticeable power gains.Maybe a little on the top end, usually just for sound and looks.
3. Finally, do you have to re-jet the carbs with after-market pipes.
Thanks No rejeting required but you will have to adjust the mixture screws, very easy to do, explained in degoating procedures.
My opinion if your going aftermarket go with V&h deeper sound and better quality.JMHO, Ihave had both kinds.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I installed the V/H pipes on my 06. They sound great and look better than stock. When replacing with a full aftermarket exhaust, the entire stock system is removed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
after-market exhaust still dual?

Woody said:
My opinion if your going aftermarket go with V&h deeper sound and better quality.JMHO, Ihave had both kinds.
Are the V&H exhaust still like the stock in that they are still dual exhaust, one pipe on each side?

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
I have degoate'd and sound is verry close to the V&H and alot cheeper. I also drilled out the screens and drilled 4 holes in the rear of each muffler. I think It sounds good, had coments on how it sounds like a Harley.

·
Registered
553 Posts
KENSDAD said:
Are the V&H exhaust still like the stock in that they are still dual exhaust, one pipe on each side?
Yes they are.

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts
If you look under the bike there is a pre-muffler in between the headers and the mufflers. It’s nicknamed “the goats belly”. De-goating is removing this from the exhaust.
Just google “vn750 de-goat” and it’ll bring a bunch of links to this forum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts