Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm floating around a possibility I may sell my NEVER USED, NEVER ON THE BIKE day long riding seat with back rest for the driver and a seat for the passenger. I'm 225 and the seat was designed for my weight and the VN 750. What makes me sick is I paid just over 1000.00 dollars for it about a year ago. It's leather with vynal sides... My bike is in pieces, all powder coated and I'm thinking I'll need the cash. Any one remotely interested? :doh:

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Let me be the first to ask: Got any pics?

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Is it a Russel Day Long seat? What colors?

·
At Least I Can Spell!
615 Posts
I'll put my name in the hat for the bidding war. After all - I did call dibs on the next seat!!

·
Registered
950 Posts
Thats right he did. I still havent got my though..... lurk lurk lurk

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Welcome to the forum mtd. Sorry to hear of $$$ shortage, and have to sell seat w/o ever getting to try it. I`d love to see a pic. I never heard of a "daylong riding seat". Best of luck getting the rest of your bike back together and on the road.

·
Registered
950 Posts

poor hyena

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
You guys crack me up!!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
OK, I'm actually a member from way back Mike DeAngelo but couldn't figure out the dam E-mail I used and I just gave up. I'll post pictures of the seat. I also have an almost new stock exhaust from I believe a 2005. I have rims which have been black powdered. I'm thinking I might just part out the bike. I have carbs in addition to the carbs still on the bike. I have a powdered gas tank plus at least 1000 dollars in brand new parts.
Dog has cancer so Life goes on. I'm a teacher in south Jersey(first year) I'll start over in September with a new bike maybe. But for now I have to get through the summer. Anyone hiring in South Jersey LMAO? I also have brand new progressive shocks for the rear. They are the best you can buy and cost me approx 450.00. They have never been near a bike and are hanging out in my closet. I have progressive front shocks as well... never been installed. Anyway, I dread shipping all this crap out so if you have any ideas after seeing pictures I'm in Backwood NJ and I teach at Highland Regional High School right up the road. The motor is in the frame and up central NJ with less than 9000 miles on it it ran like a champ without a whisper (must have been that fairy bell someone gave me here) until I got the idea I wanted to powerder coat eveything flat black...fenders, rims and etc.

OH yea The seat is grey top with black sides black backrest. A real beauty. Comes with a cover.

Also have a WHOLE tube of Krytox 8oz. All you motor heads know just what the cost of that is at McMaster.

I had to take deep breaths as I wrote this so I wouldn't pass out...lol. I put something together this weekend. Let me know If anyone wants to make an offer on the motor and frame...about the only thing besides the brakes that's left on the bike. Oh yea. I also have two new tires with less than 100 miles.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Krytox normaly runs about $110.00 for 8 oz tube. :doh:

·
At Least I Can Spell!
615 Posts
Please state a price for the seat. Thank you.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Mike,

In an old post of yours, you said you had the seat extended to the tail light.
Would any mods be needed to the bike to get the seat to fit, or is it just plug & play?

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
I'd like to see pics of the seat. I'm also interested in your coated fenders and tank if you decide to part. I'm right in Philly but have a house in Wildwood so I'm close. Thanks man and welcome back...

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Krytox normaly runs about $110.00 for 8 oz tube. :doh:
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is Krytox? And what is it used for? :confused:

EDIT: OK ,I just read the wikipedia entry and found that it is grease. I still don`t know what we would use it for at $14/oz. A more expensive spline lube than Moly60?

·
At Least I Can Spell!
615 Posts
C'mon - that's the poofy coat George Costanza wears.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is Krytox? And what is it used for? :confused:

EDIT: OK ,I just read the wikipedia entry and found that it is grease. I still don`t know what we would use it for at $14/oz. A more expensive spline lube than Moly60?
Yes. More resistant to heat for one thing.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts