Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a dash from knifemaker's recent run and finally got artound to installing it and wiring up the components I wanted

Voltmeter, USB charger, and LED switch installed

Pics here! Feel free to ask any questions

VN750 - Knifemaker's Dash INSTALLED - Album on Imgur

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep. Looks good. What voltmeter is that?
Thanks! Everything was well made on your end, so I had a good base to start from.

It's some cheapy Chinese brand, but I liked the look. Company name varies depending on which seller you're looking at, but mine was by Clenna. Amazon searching "waterproof voltmeter" will bring up lots of similar results with plenty of combo/color options.

(link will likely die someday, but for now: Clenna Waterproof Voltmeter + USB Charger)

·
Super Moderator
11,866 Posts
Nice. I was looking at using this more "popular" meter:
BikeMeters.com - Digital Voltmeters manufactured by DATEL

Back when I owned the FJR I remember the post on putting one in the mirror...very cool. For my Bonneville I'll likely just make some kind of small panel for it...
As a side note...I was told to get the red meter and avoid the blue meter as it was too bright..;)

·
Registered
7,950 Posts
A sliver of window tint would dim that light. Put a voltmeter like that on my friend's Boulevard and used a piece of limo black on it. He's cell phone/camera charging central on rides now. :) Even had some chick charging a vape pen on it.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A sliver of window tint would dim that light. Put a voltmeter like that on my friend's Boulevard and used a piece of limo black on it. He's cell phone/camera charging central on rides now. :) Even had some chick charging a vape pen on it.
It's already come in super handy when my headset died at a bikenight. Charged it up while hanging out, had tunes on the ride back home!

Thanks everybody

·
Registered
202 Posts
nice!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Looks great! Two questions for ya:

1) It looks great from the riders view, what does it look like from the front?

2) Forgive the rookie question, but I've seen a lot of voltmeter mods around here. Are there some typical Vulcan electrical gremlins that I don't know about?

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It looks kiind of ugly from the front if you're really looking for the wires, but is hidden partially by my windshield, which helps to "clean up" the look a bit.

There are a few electrical gremlins as the bikes age, but the main thing is having a voltmeter to monitor charging from the notoriously weak stator and ancient style regulator/rectifier.

·
Super Moderator
11,866 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts