Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Chucklehead
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would share this little project I did years ago when I had a little too much time on my hands and left alone in the shop. It's made from a piece of found stainless and mounts around the gauges and is held in place by the pods. The first attempt was made from an old plastic truck mudflap but it proved to be too thick of material. A gap can be seen in the prototype to fit around the trip knob and a slit had to be made in the final one for the same purpose. The gauges and dash had to be removed, disassembled and then reassembled around the dash. It ties both gauges together and makes them more solid and makes a good place to mount anything from a cheap voltmeter to switches to a sunglass holder.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
That's pretty cool and useful! I'd have to put the gauges back on my bike to use one though lol.

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Take some 400 grit wet sand paper and clean up that rust. Then a little chrome paint and they will look brand new. Great dash.

·
Chucklehead
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Take some 400 grit wet sand paper and clean up that rust. Then a little chrome paint and they will look brand new. Great dash.
But then they would look too nice. It's been alot of work to make it look this bad. lol

·
Super Moderator
11,992 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts