Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
I've had mine a year or so. Mounted mine on the left windshield mount. These air horns are crazy loud. Much louder than the dual car horns I had on my KZ1000. Don't test the horn in an enclosed area without ear protection.

Cell phones, eyelash brushes, eyebrow pencils and MacGriddle breakfast sandwiches go flying when you lay on this horn. :)

·
Premium Member
405 Posts

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Check out the Motorcycle Safety Store in Ebay. He sells horns, Flashers, brake/tail light.turnsignal convertors, ETC. Seems to have a large stock of items.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Motorcycle Safety Equipment

Thanks Dennis, I will go check and let you know. Appreciate the help.
Gemguy

·
50 Posts
That wiring diagram should help a lot of people out.

My crankcase filter is on the bottom left, so I used the bottom screw for the plastic neck cover. Had to drill it out to make the 8mm bolt fit and a couple washers to keep it off of the plastic.

I attached the relay to the bolt for the wiring harness clip. It all stays hidden and dry and the original horn wires reach without having to splice into them.

I love mine. It's saved my butt several times as well.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Thanks Tilak, I think that I will use the original horn wires to power the relay and try and fit all that into the headlight housing to keep it protected and hidden and run a separate wire from the battery or fuse box. Bought a 20 amp fuse and holder which will be somewhere at the point I draw power (battery/fusebox/ and see how that works. I still have my "ears" on but I found a bolt under the airfilter box that may work for me. I think that I may try to mount it tomorrow. Will let you know how it works out and post pictures when I am done.
Gemguy

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Hi Dave, hope all is well in Kuala Lumpur. Here in NY it is hotter than hell this weekend. Anyway, the Stebel came and had to wait for a replacement because the first one was damaged. Finally finished the install today and I am going to try and send a couple of pics if I can figure out how to do it. You may be interested that they are pretty loud. When I finished the wiring I called my wife into the garage to show her something and when I hit the horn button it lifted her 2 inches off the floor. Did the same to a friend who came over to see what I was doing. Mounting it was very hard because I couldn't get a wrench in to tighten the nut it was so tight behind there so it took some time and a little skin off my fingers but hopefully it's tight and staying put. :rockon: :smiley_th

Attachments

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
Chad purchased one from Auto Zone for under $25. I got mine from Meijers for under $35 two years ago.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Sorry I didn't know before Bulldog. The cheapest I found on the web was California Sports Touring at $36 plus shipping. In the end they were nice about it because the first one I got had a corner brocken off the air intake and I called them and they shipped me a new one with priority 2 day service and wound up not charging me for it. I appreciated it because I was still on vacation this week and wanted the horn as I had the time to install it so it all worked out good for me. Loud little sucker isn't it?

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
You may be interested that they are pretty loud. When I finished the wiring I called my wife into the garage to show her something and when I hit the horn button it lifted her 2 inches off the floor. Did the same to a friend who came over to see what I was doing.
Careful!!! I did the same thing to my wife once. I can report that even with the horn wedged deep up my arse, it is still loud... :doh:

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Maybe you could take some pictures and show us how she mounted it there. Naw, the horn is better on a bike causing many arses to get out of the way :beerchug: :motorcycl

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi Fred

The pictures of the installation look good. I like it with the outlet pointing sideways, very little rain will find its way into the horn unit.

I'm still waiting for my Stebels to be delivered, but I don't think it will take too long to install. When I had the bike rebuilt (it had been off the road for nearly 4 years) the garage replaced the horns and the previous owner had put two horns on the engine protection bars, complete with extra relay. So all I have to do is install the horn ,rewire from the relay and put a fuse in the wire from the battery. Nice and easy.

Can't wait to it out, I don't think I will have to wait too long before it is used in anger and see the reaction. The question is will it be the first ride in KL or the second, bound to happen on the first day riding with the new horn fitted.

Holiday over and now back to work, hope you had a good break. I'll post some pictures when the install is complete.

Regards

DaveT
Kuala Lumpur

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi All

The horns arrived in KL, just had time to do a quick installation job to get one fitted and working, as I am off travelling to Mexico, Canada and UK again.

I will tidy up the install when I get back (in about 4 weeks), but like everybody else who has fitted the Sebel unit they work great, fantastic, what ever you want to say. I'll post some pictures when I get back of the install.

The second day after fitting then, riding in the middle lane of a 3 lane road, the Camry in the fast lane decided he wanted my lane, exactly where I was riding, no signal I just saw the front wheel start to turn. Hit the button, and instant reaction he (yes a HE) violently swerved back to his lane. I think he thought he was going to be squashed by an 18 wheeler.

Good gear, highy recommended and easy to fit. I would say MF battery and Nautilus Horn as the first 2 mods to any bike !!

Take care and ride safe.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Good going Dave, I am also enjoying the Stebel horn. Out of the way, looks great and works even better.

Have a great trip and ride safe.

Fred

·
Registered
19 Posts
Can i keep the stock horns and add the stebel into the system so both sound with one button?

·
Registered
8,791 Posts
Can i keep the stock horns and add the stebel into the system so both sound with one button?
As long as it doesn't pull enough amps to blow a fuse, it should work.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts