Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like my son and I are about to undertake this job.

He was riding at highway speed when he heard the grinding with no loss of power. Pulled over immediately and noticed a significant oil leak. Got it home and checked the oil screen and its just like every other picture on the forum where this has happened.

Only odd thing is it looks like the oil is leaking from the left side near the clutch housing (not cover). It looks like the gasket is just blown.

First question is has anyone had this happen with an oil leak and no hole in the crank case?

Next question: Has anyone put together a comprehensive list of the parts I will definitely need before starting? I found this thread but I'm not sure if that's all I need before I start tearing her down.
vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21031&highlight=balancer

Thanks All!

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Looks like my son and I are about to undertake this job.

He was riding at highway speed when he heard the grinding with no loss of power. Pulled over immediately and noticed a significant oil leak. Got it home and checked the oil screen and its just like every other picture on the forum where this has happened.

Only odd thing is it looks like the oil is leaking from the left side near the clutch housing (not cover). It looks like the gasket is just blown.

First question is has anyone had this happen with an oil leak and no hole in the crank case?

Next question: Has anyone put together a comprehensive list of the parts I will definitely need before starting? I found this thread but I'm not sure if that's all I need before I start tearing her down.
vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21031&highlight=balancer

Thanks All!
Balance Dampers

Mine chewed thru part of engine case as well as Inner Cover.
My Balance Gear, Rotor & Stator were also damaged...
"Tofer76" & another rider (unable to name atm....CRS), are performing the same repairs.
"Inline is presently replacing his dampers also. He was able to catch his dampers before they blew out.
$40.00 for 6 Dampers
+ Gaskets & Seals
+ any/all damaged parts
Engine Pull

:smiley_th

·
knees in the breeze!!!
498 Posts

·
Registered
8,819 Posts
Good time to check out the stator and consider a TPE rewind, if you're going to keep the bike.

Shifter shaft seal .... just check Tofer's thread, it's all covered.

I'm confused about the location, but I'm easily confused lately. The serviceable part of the balance shaft (dampers) is on the left side of the engine, forward of the stator.

Random morning silliness - Dampers = Damners .. I'm probably the only one that will get that. lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got the motor out and opened her up. Looks like the bolt backed out and then the dampers got chewed up. I saw some earlier posts about patching up the crankcase. Any Ideas for this little chunk? How much more effort to continue the tear down and replace the case? Any ideas?
Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been following Roach's vids and are trying to button up things now. After putting the front head cover on we are trying to turn the motor enough to line up the chains for the rear cams. It seem s to turn okay in either direction, but gets stuck before we can line up the marks on the chain with the line on the case. Did we mess something up? should the engine turn easier all the way around?

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, got past that issue. Took the cam covers off and re bled the hla's. Reassembled and we were fine. Now we are just trying to wrestle the motor back into the frame.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts