Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got robbed! Yesterday I came home and found the cover for my bike was moved, I noticed the wire for my Battery tender was cut and it was missing. Someone broke in to my porch and stole my battery tender. Good news is that is all they took. Found out the neibor across the street got alot of tools taken from ther back yard. They were having work done and the contractor left the tools, now they are gone.
Now I have moved my bike into the garage for the rest of the winter, tight fit with 2 cars and the bike but makes me feel better.
Cop said if it was a Harley it would probabley have been gone.
Man makes you think what is safe.
The week of Christmas to, what is this world coming to.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I was happy they didn't take the speakers or anything.
I will keep my head up looking for Santa

·
Registered
699 Posts
sorry to hear that Chad, but something makes me think it was probably one of the helpers that was with the contractor(if he had any)

·
Geek
872 Posts
There have been a ton of cycle thefts in the last year in my area. Police think it's a crew. My buddies bike was stolen. He lives in an apartment and had to park the bike outside. That was last year. He won't by another bike until he buy's a house w/garage. Hey Chad, ya still got the bike !!!

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
man that sucks, at least the bike is still there... do you have a disc lock on it? here in dallas they will sometimes break open the garage door if they know there are some real goodies in there (snapon tools ect)

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Yeah, glad they didn't take the bike!
Must not have known it's gonna be a collectors item one of these days !! LOL
Sounds to me (unless there's been alot of not so petty theft's in your area) to be opportunistic thieves. Just grabbin' what they can carry when they find it.
Probably slightly older kids thinkin' they're makin' a livin' by pawning stuff that ain't theirs. :BLAM:
Whoever it was, my the Mighty God of Vulcan give 'em a good ZAPPP!
when they try re-wiring a plug for the tender !!

HERE'S an idea for a cheap, completely portable, alarm for a bike.
Just mount it with velcro on the fork and some other suface near that spot that doesn't move when the handlebars are moved. Could even work mounted to the bike and a cover. Instant and cheap help in atleast making alot of noise when someone messes with the bike.
Nothing to wire, detach it from the velco and put it in the toolbox/saddlebag/pocket and you're good to go.

·
Avid Rider
279 Posts
That is low, especially this time of year, glad to hear that's all they got CC.

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
holiday thefts

I got robbed! Yesterday I came home and found the cover for my bike was moved, I noticed the wire for my Battery tender was cut and it was missing.
I imagine that you are experiencing that creepy feeling that seeps through you after being violated. (I felt it last week when thieves made off with a bunch of copper downspouts that used to hang from the gutters on our church ~ two nights in a row!)

But I do agree with the others ~ thankfully you still have your bike, and it wasn't vandalized. Keep up the spirit, Chad!

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
That's bad, but as you say, it could have been worse. Here in Mississippi they just passed a law that allows a homeowner to shoot someone that comes on their property for illegal purposes with no questions asked. Haven't had the opportunity to exercise that law yet but I probably wouldn't hesitate.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Locks

I had three guys once cut the lock off my gate at our old house, and cut the lock off my shed where I parked my Vulcan and my Buell Blast and tried jerking the door open. I had a latch made from 1/2" steel on the inside, and the other door had a door lock, and two padlocks on it which is why they tried the drive in door.

They probably almost jerked their arm out of socket trying to get the door open, and then when the alarm went off on the shed they hightailed it out of there. Neighbor saw them run out of the back gate with bolt cutters in hand.

If I had just left my alarm on silent mode they would keep working on the door, and the police would have caught them as there was only one way into the yard and one way out (they couldn't cut the lock off the back gate, it was too thick and almost broke their bolt cutters from the look of it).

Most thieves are easy in and easy out, your bike was too big to carry away... Good thing you locked it in the garage though, they might have made note of it and had plans to come back with a van later.

lbcole - Wish we had that law here, I'd have loved to introduced these guys to Mr. 12 Gauge and his friend XX Buck if I'd been home.

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
you could always run an electric fence wire through the bike.... just put some rubber on the bottom of the kick stand. then when they touch it, they get a very nice lil jolt. since it would be grounded out the same way it came in, there should be no effect on the bike.....would be awesome to watch. I know of someone here in dallas that did that to their truck b/c someone kept stealing their tools. proved interesting

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
WTF?! i thought you live in a good, safe neighborhood...

Here in Mississippi they just passed a law that allows a homeowner to shoot someone that comes on their property for illegal purposes with no questions asked.
what do you mean "just passed the law"? isn't a reason to own a weapon in first place?

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys and gals for the good thoughts. I am gonna build a shelf in the garage to open up some floor space to make more room for the bike in the garage.
I was sfraid they would come back to ge the bike later thats why it will stay in the garage from now on. They probabley couldent figure out how to lower the jack I had it sitting on, plus there were no keys in the bike. I took them in the house when I stored it.
I wonder if my Dogs scared them away thats why they didn't take anything else.
I agree Mr 12Gague would like to say hi to them if they come back, hard to run away with a but full of shot.

·
Geek
872 Posts
It is your kingdom and you have a right to protect it.

The American way !

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
A sad note on America as we find it today--still the greatest country in the world but some of us old farts need to kick some punk ass. Lessons learned the hard way are remembered.

·
Registered
63 Posts
rnewell

If only everyone believed that! Unfortunately there is a vocal crowd who think the right of self defense/second amendment need to be eliminated because honest citizens defending themselves from criminals is a danger to society and that it's solely the job of the police to protect them. Why they think it's our duty to be a victim I do not know.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
rnewell

If only everyone believed that! Unfortunately there is a vocal crowd who think the right of self defense/second amendment need to be eliminated because honest citizens defending themselves from criminals is a danger to society and that it's solely the job of the police to protect them. Why they think it's our duty to be a victim I do not know.

Those are the first who need a whoop a**.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hah, you may be right. It's been my experience that the moment they are assaulted, or robbed at knifepoint/gunpoint that they instantly start feeling different about their right to self defense and not wanting to be a victim. Some handle it different ways, taking martial arts classes, getting a license to carry, buying a shotgun, etc... but it changes their point of view really quick.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts