Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are the cylinder heads pretty universal from year to year? I'm thinking yes just looking for confirmation. I'm looking at 2005 heads on a 2000

So what started off as a simple ear shave has turned into a full on project. The last thing I had to do was pull off the reed valves and as luck would have it the bottom bolt broke on both. I've tried everything to get them out and I'm down to having to pull them to have somebody drill them out. I've decided if I'm going to pull the heads I might as well do the stator mod and if I'm going to pull the engine I might as well have the frame powder coated. So here it goes. Wish me luck.

-Daniel

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
don't know for sure but I would say yes.

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
There is not any real pressure on this little cover. You may be able to use one bolt to hold it in place. Modify the cover with a slight curve that will give it a bit of pressure on the other side when you tighten it down. And use some silocone for sealing. Also if you just have to stick a bolt head on the side that does not bolt down. hope this helps you. Removing the heads is a lot of work and money.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts